|Born||16 October 1969|
|Occupation||Film critic, journalist, broadcaster, author|
Jason Solomons (born 16 October 1969) is a British film critic, journalist, broadcaster and author.
Solomons is a regular critic on BBC News, Sky News and BBC Radio and is the former Chairman of the London Film Critics' Circle. He is the host of the Movie Talk interview series on Sky Arts and for more than 15 years has presented a film slot on BBC Radio London's Robert Elms show. He is a regular host on red carpets, presenter of Virgin Atlantic's in-flight entertainment show and has covered every Cannes Film Festival since 1997, when he also began his Trailer Trash column, the first dedicated film diary and gossip column in British newspapers, for The Observer newspaper. Solomons' book, Woody Allen: Film By Film (Carlton Books), was published in 2015. His latest film and documentary reviews and interviews can be found on his website.
Solomons attended Merchant Taylors' School in Northwood, Hillingdon, Greater London. He studied French and German at Trinity College, Oxford and lived in Paris for a year. After Oxford, Solomons took a postgraduate course in journalism at City University, London before beginning his career as a journalist and the first graduate trainee at The Daily Express. There, he became showbiz editor and then film critic, before leaving in 1998 for The Mail on Sunday.
- Rich Cline, "London Film Critics Appoint New Officers", The Critics' Circle, 9 October 2014.
- "Jason Solomons | Filmography", Internet Movie Database.
- Simon Yaffe, "Profile: Jason Took the Express Route to the Top of His Profession", Jewish Telegraph.
- "About the author".
- Jason Solomons Videos, OV Guide.
- Jason Solomons, "Trailer Trash", The Observer, 29 September 2013.
- Woody Allen: Film By Film at Carlton Books.