Jason Turner (cartoonist)
Jason Turner (born 22 November 1970) is a Canadian cartoonist, born in Manitoba and currently living in Vancouver. He is most well known for the graphic novel True Loves, which he collaborated on with his wife, Manien Bothma. True Loves, originally serialized in weekly installments online at Serializer, was published in 2006 by the Vancouver-based New Reliable Press. A second volume of True Loves is currently being serialized at Serializer and will be published in 2009,[needs update] also by New Reliable Press. Prior to True Loves, Turner self-published dozens of minicomics, the first being The Roadhouse Stickler. Turner started publishing comics online in 2000 to much acclaim, most notably from cartoonist and comics theorist Scott McCloud, who lists Turner as one of his top twenty favorite cartoonists currently publishing work on the internet.
Turner is a member of the Crown Commission, a collective of Canadian cartoonists. He has contributed work to several anthology books, including Elf World, The Stick Figure Anthology, and several volumes of You Ain't No Dancer.
In 2007, True Loves was nominated for the Vancouver Public Library One Book, One Vancouver award.
- Graphic novels
- "'You Ain't No Dancer Book 3". Ink Studs. Retrieved September 20, 2008.
- "'A Personal Top Twenty". Scott McCloud. Archived from the original on July 26, 2008. Retrieved September 20, 2008.
- "'True Loves Nominated For Award". New Reliable Press. Retrieved September 20, 2008.
- The Jason Turner Project, Jason Turner's official website
- True Loves 2 on Serializer
- Jason Turner's Comics on Webcomics Nation
- Jason Turner's Blog, at LiveJournal
- New Reliable Press, publisher of True Loves
- Ink Studs radio interview, talking about True Loves with Jason Turner and Manien Bothma
- Globe & Mail Reviews True Loves
- Georgia Straight Reviews True Loves
- The Crown Commission
|This profile of a Canadian comics creator, writer, or artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This profile of a webcomics creator is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|