|Born||December 15, 1973|
|Genres||Worship, contemporary Christian|
|Occupation(s)||Worship leader, singer, songwriter|
|Instruments||Vocals, piano, keyboards|
|Labels||Key of David Ministries, Integrity, Sparrow, Gotee|
Upton released Key of David in 2000. It was recorded live in Virginia Beach that year and was produced by Upton's own Key of David Ministries. Over half of the album consisted of unrehearsed, spontaneous songs and declarations. Later in 2000, Upton appeared at a National Day of Prayer and Fasting event called "The Call D.C."  On August 14, 2001, Upton released his second album, Faith, which was recorded live and released on 40 Records. The title track was an unplanned song which Upton referred to in the liner notes of the album as a "Spirit Song".
In 2002, he released two independent albums, Jacob's Dream and Dying Star, his first to have been recorded in the studio. That same year, he recorded "You Are the One" on the collaborative Keith Green tribute album Your Love Broke Through: The Worship Songs of Keith Green. In 2003, Upton released the independently recorded live album, Remember. Also that year, Upton led worship at the Onething Conference. Upton released Trusting the Angels in December 2004.[better source needed]
Great River Road was released through Gotee Records in April 2005, and contained five songs from his independent releases and four new compositions and the song recorded for the earlier Keith Green tribute. This album further included a CD-ROM feature of Upton explaining his inspirations for and reasons behind the songs on the album.
Upton's fourth live album, sixth independent album, and eighth overall album, Open Up the Earth was released in late October 2005.
Upton's tenth album, Beautiful People, was released in 2007. It contained piano songs mixing contemplative pop and epic anthems, and includes "Never Alone Martin", which was inspired by a religious experience of Martin Luther King Jr., who had assured that, at the beginning of the Montgomery Bus Boycott, he started to receive threatening calls, and once, he prayed to God at midnight, and afterwards, heard the voice of Jesus telling him He would never leave him alone.
Events and tours
- Key of David (2000), Key of David Ministries
- Faith (2001), 40Records
- Jacob's Dream - EP (2002), Key of David Ministries
- You Are the One (2002, Single), Sparrow Records
- Dying Star (2002), Key of David Ministries
- Remember (2003), Key of David Ministries
- Trusting the Angels (2004), Key of David Ministries
- Great River Road (2005), Gotee Records
- Open Up the Earth (2005), Key of David Ministries
- Between Earth and Sky (2007), Key of David Ministries
- Beautiful People (2007), Integrity Music
- 1200 Feet Below Sea Level (2008), Key of David Ministries
- On the Rim of the Visible World (2009), Key of David Ministries
- Family Music (2010), Key of David Ministries
- Live From Dublin - Song, Stories And A Train (2010)
- Glimpse (2012), Key of David Ministries
- Sunday Morning: Live in Winston Salem (2013), Jason Upton and Key of David Ministries
- A Table Full of Strangers Vol 1 (2015), Jason Upton
- A Table Full of Strangers Vol 2 (2018), Jason Upton
In 2007, his album Between Earth and Sky was featured among CBN's best Christian contemporary albums of 2007.
- Jason appeared in the documentary film Justice Waiting which also featured International House of Prayer-KC, Rick Joyner, and Lou Engle.
- "Jason Upton Bio". ChristianMusic.com. Retrieved January 19, 2014.
- Charisma. "A Sound from Heaven". Charisma Magazine. Retrieved September 11, 2017.
- "Various Artists". ChristianityToday.com. Retrieved September 11, 2017.
- "Remember by Jason Upton | CD Reviews And Information | NewReleaseToday". www.newreleasetoday.com. Retrieved September 11, 2017.
- PropheticSong49 (April 23, 2011), Jason Upton - One Thing Conference 2003 - Creativity Part 1 of 4, retrieved September 11, 2017
- "Trusting the Angels" by Jason Upton on iTunes, November 10, 2004, retrieved September 11, 2017
- "Jason Upton Artist Profile - Biography And Discography". newreleasetuesday.com. Retrieved December 13, 2014.
- "Jason Upton, "Beautiful People" Review". jesusfreakhideout.com. Retrieved December 13, 2014.
- Rieder, Jonathan (2008), "The Word of the Lord Is Upon Me: The Righteous Performance of Martin Luther King Jr.", Harvard University Press, p. 124
- "Why Jesus Called A Man A Fool". Retrieved December 13, 2014.
- "Jason Upton Performs Live on The 700 Club". CBN.com (beta). Retrieved September 11, 2017.
- "CBNmusic's Best Contemporary Christian Albums of 2007". Cbn.com. Retrieved January 19, 2014.
-  Archived July 17, 2011, at the Wayback Machine