This biography of a living person relies too much on references to primary sources. (November 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Date of birth||16 August 1971|
|Place of birth||Liverpool, England|
|1986–1989||West Bromwich Albion|
|1989–1990||West Bromwich Albion|
|1999–2001||BEC Tero Sasana|
|2015||Nakhon Pathom United|
|2016–2017||Sukhothai (Club Director)|
|2017||Super Power Samut Prakan|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 3 July 2008
Jason Withe (born 16 August 1971) is an English former football player, turned coach and manager.
The son of former Aston Villa striker and European Cup winner Peter Withe, Jason Withe's professional career did not see the success of his father's with much of his time spent playing in the reserves and non-league. He spent 1986 to 1990 with West Bromwich Albion before spending some time in Finland with KPV Kokkola in 1990. Returning to England, he played for Stafford Rangers, Stockport County, Crewe Alexandra, Burnley and Telford United.
Post-football coaching career
His first post-football job in coaching was at Birmingham City where he was Community Football Director which was followed by time with Aston Villa where he worked as a coach educator. He was also employed as a Football Association (FA) tutor, delivering FA qualifications to budding coaches.
Management career in East/ South East Asia
He was 'Head Coach' of Thailand Premier League side BEC Tero Sasana, leading the side to domestic double in 1999–2000. He moved to Singapore to become manager of Home United who play in the S-League where he steered them to a respectable second place in 2002. A moved back to Thailand followed as Technical Director and then Head Coach of Bangkok Bank FC. As of November 2019, he is a coach with the Singapore-based youth football academy, JSSL, which is also the organiser of annual JSSL 7's football tournament. In 2005, he became Assistant National Team Manager for the Indonesia Football Association.<
Return to the UK
Withe moved back to the UK where he obtained his UEFA Pro Licence in 2006 and in 2007 became Head of Youth for Aldershot Town. He then scouted for Norwich City During this period he was also chairman of Knowle.
- BEC Tero Sasana
- Home United
- S.League Runners up (1) : 2002
- Pestabola Merdeka Runners up (1) : 2006
- Thailand FA Cup Winners (1) : 2016
- "Reserve team 1991-92 - Midland Senior League North". Go Go Go County. Retrieved 25 April 2012.
- Stoner, Colin (24 July 2010). "Jason Withe becomes director of football at Southam United". Birmingham Mail. Retrieved 25 April 2012.
- "Double cup joy for knowle boss". icsolihull.com. 2 May 2008. Archived from the original on 20 April 2013. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- Thompson, Steve (18 March 2012). "Son of a gun, Jason Withe: Title-winning coach eyes 'unfinished business'". goal.com. Retrieved 25 April 2012.
- "Queen's Cup 2004 final postponed". the-afc.com. 9 November 2007. Archived from the original on 3 February 2013. Retrieved 25 April 2012.
- "The Class of 2006". The Football Association. 3 July 2006. Archived from the original on 13 May 2012. Retrieved 25 April 2012.
- "Centre of Excellence Director Appointed". Leicester City Women FC. 17 June 2011. Archived from the original on 21 April 2013. Retrieved 26 April 2012.CS1 maint: unfit URL (link)