This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Jasper Wireless, Inc.|
|Industry||cloud computing, software|
|Headquarters||Santa Clara, California, US|
Number of locations
|Atlanta, Georgia, Singapore, United Kingdom|
|Daniel Collins, Co-founder|
Amit Gupta, Co-founder
|Services||Cloud platform, M2M|
Number of employees
Jasper, now part of Cisco, is an American corporation headquartered in Santa Clara, California that provides a cloud-based software platform for the Internet of Things (IoT) and, more specifically, to enable product businesses to become IoT service businesses. The platform is designed to help organizations launch, manage, and monetize the deployment of the Internet of Things worldwide.
Founded in 2004, Jasper partners with over 120 mobile operator networks to serve IoT and machine-to-machine (M2M) companies across a wide range industries including: automotive, home security and automation, agriculture, food/beverage, wearable technology, healthcare, advertising and industrial equipment.
On May 2, 2014, the company formerly called Jasper Wireless, Inc., announced a new company name: Jasper Technologies, Inc. The company attributed the change to more accurately representing the company's product offerings.
With the acquisition, Jasper becomes the IoT Cloud business unit within Cisco. Jasper's CEO, Jahangir Mohammed, is now the GM of the IoT Cloud business unit – reporting to Rowan Trollope, SVP of the IoT and Collaboration Technology Group at Cisco.
Mr. Jahangir Mohammed founded Jasper and served as Chief Executive Officer and member of the board. Following the acquisition by Cisco, Mohammed is now the GM of the IoT Cloud business unit. He is considered one of the early pioneers in IoT solutions[buzzword], driven by the insight: the IoT is not about things, it's about service. Over the past decade, he has grown Jasper into a global, cloud-based IoT platform used by over 3,500 companies to manage millions of connected products and devices. Under Mohammed's leadership, Jasper was selected for the 2015 World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer award which recognizes technology companies impacting business and society.
Prior to Jasper, Mohammed founded Kineto Wireless and worked at Bell Labs. He is the holder of over 80 U.S. and international patents related to IoT, mobile communications and software. He is also credited with inventing technologies to converge GSM and Wi-Fi that have become GSMA standards recognized around the world.
Jasper is privately owned and was founded in 2004 with venture funding from Sequoia Capital and Benchmark Capital. It announced a $50 million funding round by Temasek Holdings on April 16, 2014. Jasper has a valuation of $1.4 billion.
Jasper Technologies, Inc. is headquartered in Santa Clara, CA with satellite offices in Alpharetta, Georgia, United Kingdom and Singapore as well as ten total data centers. Jasper employs approximately 400 people.
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Jasper Control Center Platform
The Jasper Control Center Platform is a cloud-based solution[buzzword] for enterprises to launch, manage and monetize an IoT deployment using a single turnkey solution.[buzzword] The platform is deeply integrated with 35 mobile operator groups, representing more than 120 affiliates around the world — including: AT&T, China Unicom, Telefónica, SoftBank, NTT DoCoMo, América Móvil, SingTel, Telenor, and Telstra.
Jasper's platform operates on a single base of code that can be configured to meet specialized enterprise needs across a wide range of business models, technologies, and industries. Currently more than 9,000 enterprises across 6 continents and dozens of industries have deployed millions of connected devices with Jasper Control Center. Through one, turnkey, and globally-compatible platform solution[buzzword], the Jasper Control Center delivers visibility and real-time control for connected service businesses, along with IoT/ Machine to Machine (M2M) capabilities like provisioning, mobile service management, real-time engagement, support diagnostics, billing and business automation.
Jasper's Connected Car Cloud is used by eleven automotive OEMs (original equipment manufacturer) worldwide including General Motors, Nissan, Ford Motor Company, Volkswagen, and Tesla Motors. The Jasper platform enables carmakers to offer real-time diagnostics, safety, security, information and entertainment services, as well as apps and Wi-Fi hotspot services. The Jasper platform is also used by companies like Coca-Cola, Starbucks, GE Aviation, Allstate, Audi, and Garmin to offer new IoT services. Coca-Cola for example, is known to use Jasper to connect vending machines, which can help notify the respective manager of inventory and service needs. GE for example, is known to use the Jasper platform for their connected jet engines, which provide performance data to their service teams on the ground, intended to reduce maintenance costs and increase engine life span.
- Microsoft Azure – On July 30, 2015, Jasper and Microsoft Azure IoT Suite announced partnership to accelerate enterprise deployment and global growth of IoT services worldwide.
- Salesforce.com – On March 3, 2015, Jasper and Salesforce announced partnership that aims to help enterprises lower the cost, reduce time-to-market and enable global scale for their IoT deployments.
- SAP SE – On March 3, 2015, Jasper and SAP announced a partnership whereby Jasper's Control Center platform is integrated with the SAP HANA® platform, intended to create business value for customers and partners by analyzing service subscription and usage data and shortening time to market for IoT services.
- Reliance Communications – Reliance Communications, a telecommunications service provider, partnered with Jasper to manage and monetise Next-Generation IoT businesses.
Awards & Recognition
- 2017 GSMA Globa Mobile Awards Winner: Best Mobile Innovation for Automotive 
- 2015 GSMA Global Mobile Awards Winner: Best Mobile Innovation for the ‘Internet of Things’ 
- 2015 Technology Pioneer: World Economic Forum Recognizes 24 Leading Technology Pioneers
- 2014 World Communication Awards Winner: The Connected World Initiative
- 2014 Total Telecom Internet of Things Awards Winner: Project of the Year
- 2014 Total Telecom Internet of Things Awards Winner: Contribution to the IoT Eco-System
- 2014 Broadband Infovision Awards: Best Internet of Things Innovation
- Gold Stevie Award Winner: Executive of the Year - Computer Software - Up to 500 Employees: Jahangir Mohammed, Founder & CEO of Jasper
- Gold Stevie Award Winner: Company of the Year - Computer Software - More Than 250 Employees 
- Computer Business Review's Top 5 Networking Companies Driving IoT 
- The Journal and Dow Jones VentureSource include Jasper in “The Billion Dollar Startup Club”
- Business Wire: Jasper considered as one of the top M2M platform providers 
- M2M Wire: Jasper wins 2014 Telecoms.com Award for progress in M2M/IoT
- GSMA World Congress: Jasper wins “Best Cloud-Based Technology for Mobile” at Global Mobile Awards 2013
- Jasper Crunchbase
- Jasper About Us
- Ramsey, Rachel (7 May 2014). "How Jasper is Enabling the IoT Transformation". M2M. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- Mitra, Sramana (20 May 2014). "Jasper Technologies – Enabler of the Internet of Things". SramanaMitra. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- "Wing Perspectives". Wing.vc. Retrieved 30 December 2014.
- Paulson, Matt (19 February 2014). "Axeda and Jasper Wireless Team Up to Help Operators Transition to the Internet of Things". M2MRevolution. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- Saitto, Serena (22 May 2014). "Making Cars and Pajamas Smart". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- Editor, Telecom (5 May 2014). "Jasper Wireless changes name to Jasper Technologies". TelecomPaper. Retrieved 3 June 2014.CS1 maint: extra text: authors list (link)
- "Cisco Announces Intent to Acquire Jasper Technologies, Inc". 3 February 2016. Retrieved 3 February 2016.
- "Cisco to pay $1.4 billion for Internet of Things firm Jasper". Reuters. 2016-02-04. Retrieved 2016-03-22.
- King, Ian. "Cisco to Buy Jasper for $1.4 Billion, Adding IoT Management". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2016-03-22.
- "Cisco closes Jasper deal - Mobile World Live". Mobile World Live. Retrieved 2016-03-22.
- "Cisco and Jasper – Accelerating Enterprise IoT Success Worldwide". blogs@Cisco - Cisco Blogs. Retrieved 2016-03-22.
- James, Robinson (18 April 2014). "Jasper Wireless became a $1 billion company by being into the Internet of Things way before you were". PandoDaily. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- Kim, Eugene (10 August 2014). "How 'Internet of Things' Startup Jasper Became A $1.4 Billion Company". Business Insider. Retrieved 28 October 2014.
- "Jasper: CrunchBase Profile". crunchbase.com. Retrieved 25 January 2016.
- "World Economic Forum Recognizes 24 Leading Technology Pioneers". World Economic Forum. Archived from the original on 27 August 2014. Retrieved 26 August 2014.
- "Jahangir Mohammed Executive Profile". Businessweek. Retrieved 28 October 2014.
- "Jasper Crunchbase". Crunchbase. CrunchBase. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- PitchBook Data Inc (2 February 2015). "10 most valued Internet of Things startups from around the world". Hot Topics. Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- "Jasper LinkedIn". LinkedIn. LinkedIn. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- "ILS Technology, a Telit Company, and Jasper Collaborate to help Mobile Operators Deliver Innovative IoT Applications". MarketWatch. Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- "AT&T Leads the Future of the Connected Car - Announces New AT&T Drive Studio and Global AT&T Drive Platform". WSJ. Retrieved 6 January 2014.
- "Salesforce, SAP to get a shot of IoT data". IDG News. Retrieved 3 March 2015.
- "Telefónica and Jasper Partner to Wirelessly Connect machine-to-machine". Telefónica. Retrieved 4 November 2010.
- "SoftBank customers gain access to Jasper's Control Center". Telecompaper. Retrieved 28 July 2015.
- "NTT DOCOMO to provide M2M connectivity for Tesla electric vehicles in Japan". Wireless-mag.com. Retrieved 12 June 2014.
- "Jasper to power America Movil's M2M business". RCR Wireless. Retrieved 30 November 2010.
- "M2M multi-operator alliance announces single worldwide sim card trials on connected management platform". SingTel. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
- "Telenor Connexion partners Jasper, Asavie Technologies". telecompaper. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- "Telstra Picks Jasper Wireless for M2M push". LightReading. Retrieved 28 September 2010.
- "This Internet of things company works with Coca-Cola & just raised $50M — smart soda cans". VentureBeat. Retrieved 16 April 2014.
- "Jasper: Connecting your beer, your car, and your Kindle". CITEWorld. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- "Jasper: CrunchBase profile". crunchbase.com. Retrieved 25 January 2016.
- "Tesla Pays Telefonica Millions To Power In-Car Wireless In UK, Germany, Spain, Holland". TechCrunch. Retrieved 30 April 2014.
- "Jasper Connected Car Cloud Drives Connected Vehicle Innovation". BusinessWire. Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- "Jasper Connected Car Cloud Drives Connected Vehicle Innovation". Reuters. Retrieved 25 February 2014.
- "Connected Car". AT&T. Retrieved 6 January 2014.
- "Garmin connected services powered by KPN and Jasper Wireless". Telematics News. Retrieved 24 September 2009.
- "Jasper raises $50 million in financing round". Telecomengine.com. Retrieved 16 April 2014.
- "Microsoft joins with Jasper in Internet of Things alliance". Fortune. Retrieved 30 July 2015.
- "Reliance Communication IOT partnership". ET News.
- "GSMA Congratulates Winners of the 2017 Global Mobile Awards".
- "GSMA Announces Winners of the 2015 Global Mobile Awards". GSMA. Retrieved 6 March 2015.
- "World Communication Awards 2014". Total Telecom. Archived from the original on 10 February 2015. Retrieved 11 December 2014.
- "First ever internet of things award winners named". Total Telecom. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 11 December 2014.
- "Shortlist for Broadband Infovision Awards Announced". Broadband World Forum. Retrieved 8 October 2014.
- "2014 Management Awards Categories Stevie® Award Winners". The American Business Awards. Retrieved 15 September 2014.
- "2014 Company/Organization Awards Category Stevie® Award Winners". International Business Awards. Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "Top 5 Networking Companies Driving IoT". Computer Business Review. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- "The Journal and Dow Jones VentureSource include Jasper in "The Billion Dollar Startup Club"". wsj.com. Archived from the original on 24 January 2014. Retrieved 1 January 2014.
- "M2M Wire: Jasper wins 2014 Telecoms.com Award for progress in M2M/IoT". M2M WIRE. Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- "GSMA World Congress: Jasper wins "Best Cloud-Based Technology for Mobile" at Global Mobile Awards 2013". Global Mobile Awards 2013. Retrieved 28 February 2014.