|Member of the Legislative Assembly of Alberta for Edmonton-Meadows|
|Assumed office |
April 16, 2019
|Born||1968 or 1969 (age 51–52)|
|Political party||Alberta NDP|
Jasvir Singh Deol (born 1968/1969) is a Canadian politician who was elected in the 2019 Alberta general election to the Legislative Assembly of Alberta representing the electoral district of Edmonton-Meadows. He was previously the federal NDP candidate for the riding of Edmonton Mill Woods during the 2015 Canadian election. Born and raised in Punjab, Deol immigrated to Canada from India in 1993.
|2015 Canadian federal election: Edmonton Mill Woods|
|New Democratic||Jasvir Deol||6,330||12.78||-12.61||$55,302.53|
|Libertarian||Allen K.W. Paley||396||0.80||–||–|
|Christian Heritage||Peter Downing||285||0.58||–||$3,798.53|
|Total valid votes/Expense limit||49,517||99.54||$206,234.63|
|Total rejected ballots||227||0.46||–|
|Liberal gain from Conservative||Swing||+23.70|
|These results were subject to a judicial recount, and modified from the validated results in accordance with the Judge's rulings. The margin of Sohi over Uppal increased from 79 votes to 92 votes as a result of the recount.|
|Source: Elections Canada|
2019 general election
|2019 Alberta general election: Edmonton-Meadows|
|New Democratic||Jasvir Deol||10,231||49.9%||-6.0%|
|United Conservative||Len Rhodes||7,375||36.0%||+3.6%|
|Alberta Party||Amrit Matharu||2,093||10.2%||--|
|Alberta Advantage||Thomas Vargese||211||1.0%||--|
|Total valid votes||20,495|
|Rejected, spoiled, and declined||82||45||11|
|New Democratic hold||Swing||-6.0%|
- Anna Junker Updated: April 11, 2019 (2019-04-11). "Alberta Election 2019 riding profile: Edmonton-Meadows". Edmonton Journal. Retrieved 2019-04-17.
- "Tim Uppal's request for Edmonton-Mill Woods recount granted by judge". CBC News. 23 October 2015. Retrieved 29 October 2015.
- "Judicial recount results arriving after narrow election wins". CBC News. 30 October 2015. Retrieved 31 October 2015.
- "October 19, 2015 Election Results — Edmonton Mill Woods (Results as Certified by a Judge)". Elections Canada. 29 October 2015. Retrieved 4 November 2015.
- Elections Canada – Final Candidates Election Expenses Limits
|This article about an Alberta politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|