|Member of the Legislative Assembly of Alberta for Edmonton-Meadows|
|Assumed office |
April 16, 2019
|Born||1968/1969 (age 50–51)|
|Political party||Alberta NDP|
Jasvir Singh Deol (born 1968/1969) is a Canadian politician who was elected in the 2019 Alberta general election to the Legislative Assembly of Alberta representing the electoral district of Edmonton-Meadows. He was previously the federal NDP candidate for the riding of Edmonton Mill Woods during the 2015 Canadian election. He immigrated to Canada from India in 1993.
|2015 Canadian federal election|
|New Democratic||Jasvir Deol||6,330||12.78||-12.61||$55,302.53|
|Libertarian||Allen K.W. Paley||396||0.80||–||–|
|Christian Heritage||Peter Downing||285||0.58||–||$3,798.53|
|Total valid votes/Expense limit||49,517||100.00||$206,234.63|
|Total rejected ballots||227||0.46||–|
|Liberal gain from Conservative||Swing||+23.70|
|These results were subject to a judicial recount, and modified from the validated results in accordance with the Judge's rulings. The margin of Sohi over Uppal increased from 79 votes to 92 votes as a result of the recount.|
|Source: Elections Canada|
2019 general election
|2019 Alberta general election: Edmonton-Meadows|
|New Democratic||Jasvir Deol||10,231||49.9%||-6.0%|
|United Conservative||Len Rhodes||7,375||36.0%||+3.6%|
|Alberta Party||Amrit Matharu||2,093||10.2%||--|
|Alberta Advantage||Thomas Vargese||211||1.0%||--|
|Total valid votes||20,495|
|Rejected, spoiled, and declined||82||45||11|
|New Democratic hold||Swing||-6.0%|
- Anna Junker Updated: April 11, 2019 (2019-04-11). "Alberta Election 2019 riding profile: Edmonton-Meadows". Edmonton Journal. Retrieved 2019-04-17.
- "Tim Uppal's request for Edmonton-Mill Woods recount granted by judge". CBC News. 23 October 2015. Retrieved 29 October 2015.
- "Judicial recount results arriving after narrow election wins". CBC News. 30 October 2015. Retrieved 31 October 2015.
- "October 19, 2015 Election Results — Edmonton Mill Woods (Results as Certified by a Judge)". Elections Canada. 29 October 2015. Retrieved 4 November 2015.
- Elections Canada – Preliminary Election Expenses Limits for Candidates Archived August 15, 2015, at the Wayback Machine
|This article about an Alberta politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|