Rakkar with Stony Brook in 2012
|Born: April 27, 1991|
Rakkar's parents were born in Punjab, India, and immigrated to Canada before Jasvir was born. Rakkar graduated from Bramalea Secondary School in Brampton, Ontario, and enrolled at Stony Brook University to play college baseball for the Stony Brook Seawolves. The Chicago Cubs selected Rakkar in the 26th round of the 2012 MLB Draft. Rakkar was named to participate for the Canadian national baseball team in the 2015 Pan American Games and 2015 WBSC Premier12.
Rakkar signed with the Québec Capitales of the independent Canadian American Association of Professional Baseball in 2016.
- Rogers Digital Media. "Brampton's Rakkar targets history with Cubs - Sportsnet.ca". Sportsnet.ca. Retrieved July 8, 2015.
- "Canada Pan Am reliever the real Million Dollar Arm?". Toronto Sun. Retrieved July 8, 2015.
- "Brampton becoming a baseball hotbed?". mississauga.com. Retrieved July 8, 2015.
- "Pitcher signs on with Cubs". bramptonguardian.com. Retrieved July 8, 2015.
- "Rakkar, Richmond added to Pan Am, Kleven, Loewen, Molleken out". Canadian Baseball Network. Retrieved July 8, 2015.
- "Baseball Canada announces roster for Pan Am Games Qualifier". Baseball Canada. January 9, 2019. Retrieved March 8, 2019.
- Career statistics and player information from Baseball-Reference (Minors)
|This biographical article relating to a Canadian baseball pitcher is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|