Jatindra Nath Duwara
|Jatindra Nath Duwara|
8 March 1892|
Rangpur, Sivasagar, Assam
5 July 1964|
|Notable awards||Sahitya Akademi Award (1955)|
Jatindra Nath Duwara (Assamese: যতীন্দ্ৰনাথ দুৱৰা; 1892-1964) was a notable poet of the Jonaki era of Assamese literature. Duwara is known as Bonphulor kobi in the Assamese literacy society. He was the first writer awarded with Sahitya Akademi Award in 1955 for his poetry book "Bon Phul". He was the president of the Assam Sahitya Sabha, the premier literary organization of Assam in 1955 which was held at Dhuburi district.
Duwara was born in Rangpur at Sivasagar district on 8 March 1892 to Shyamsundor Duwara and Punoyda Duwara. He had his early schooling at Sivasagar and then went to Calcutta for higher education. Duwara spent his whole life as unmarried. He died on 5 July 1964.
Some of his literary works include:
- Umor Titho (ওমৰ তীৰ্থ) - 1925
- Kotha Kobita (কথা কবিতা) - 1933
- Apun Sur (আপোন সুৰ) - 1938
- Bonphul (বনফুল) - 1952
- Milonor Soor (মিলনৰ সুৰ) - 1960
- Moromor Soor ( মৰমৰ সুৰ)
- Assamese literature
- List of people from Assam
- List of Asam Sahitya Sabha Presidents
- List of Assamese writers with their pen names
- List of Sahitya Akademi Award winners for Assamese
- ""কবি যতীন্দ্ৰনাথ দুৱৰাদেৱৰ বিষয়ে অকণমান" (মৌচুমী বৰি)". Xahitya.Org. 2013-05-14. Retrieved 2013-06-06.(in Assamese)
- Modern Indian Literature, an Anthology: Plays and prose. Sahitya Akademi. pp. 58–. ISBN 978-81-7201-324-0. Retrieved 7 June 2013.
- Anjali Sarma (1990). Among the Luminaries in Assam: A Study of Assamese Biography. Mittal Publications. pp. 165–. ISBN 978-81-7099-207-3. Retrieved 7 June 2013.
- Maheswar Neog (1972). Lakshminath Bezbaroa: the sāhityarathī of Assam. Dept. of Publication, Gauhati University. Retrieved 7 June 2013.
- যতীন্দ্ৰনাথ দুৱৰাৰ 'বনফুল' at assameseonline.com (in Assamese).
- অতীতক যোৱাঁহে পাহৰি – a poem by Jatindra Nath Duwara at xophura.net (in Assamese).
|This article about an Indian writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|