Jatra: Hyalagaad Re Tyalagaad
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Kedar Shinde|
|Written by||Kedar Shinde|
Jatra (Marathi: जत्रा) is a 2006 Indian Marathi-language comedy film directed and written by Kedar Shinde. It is considered one of the more popular films starring actors Bharat Jadhav and Siddarth Jadhav. The music was composed by the duo Ajay and Atul Gogavale. Jatra features the song Kombadi Palali, which at the time became a hit. Ajay and Atul later used the same tune from the song "Kombdi Palali" when composing the item song "Chikni Chameli" for the Hindi film Agneepath in 2012.
The story is primarily about two villages called Hyalagaad and Tyaalagaad. The name of the villages roughly translate to "bury them". The focus of the film is about the towns' attempt celebrate Jatra or religious fair. The hosting of the fair leads to a rivalry between the two villages. To determine whether Hyalagaad or Tyaalagaad hosts the fair, the towns' decide to hold a race between two individuals (Monya and Siddhu), who are willing to run, cheat and even kill for winning the rights to host the festival.
A youth called Monya played by Bharat Jadhav, who wants to become rich along with his six friends by unsavory means, arrives in the village. At the same time, his look alike who has a limited vocabulary also arrives in the same village. What follows is a comedy of errors, one liners and slapstick.
- Bharat Jadhav as Monya/Ghumya Double Role
- Siddarth Jadhav as Siddhu
- Kranti Redkar as Shevanta
- Vijay Chavan as Jiva Kanole/ Shiva Kanole Double Role
- Priya Berde as Akka
- Sanjay Khapre as Sanjya
- Upendra Limaye as Ramdas Mali
|1.||"Kombdi Palali"||Anand Shinde, Vaishali Samant, Ajay And Chorus;||4:50|
"Kombadi Palali" is an item number from the film. The song features Bharat Jadhav, along with Kranti Readkar, and was sung by Anand Shinde and Vaishali Samant, with music by Ajay-Atul. Jitendra Joshi wrote the lyrics to the song.
In his review of the film, Pradip Patil of Marathi Movie World considered that: ..."Kedar has pulled all the tricks to esure that viewers remains engaged. The events take place at such a fast pace that you hardly get time to think at all. The dialogues are another plus point of this film. One must give the credits to all the actors who have given such energetic performances. The movie belongs to Bharat Jadhav, Vijay Chavan and Siddharth Jadahv."
- At the start of the film, Raj Thackeray provides the voice over as he introduces the story that unfolds.
- Priyadarshan Jadhav wrote the lyrics for the song "Ye go ye Maina".
- The tune from the song "Kombdi Palali" was later used by Ajay and Atul when composing the item song "Chikni Chameli" for the Hindi film Agneepath in 2012 
- The tune from the song "Ye Go Ye Ye Maina" was later used by Ajay and Atul in composing the item song "Mera Naam Mary Hai" for the Hindi film Brothers in 2015.
- Gaekwad, Manish. "'Sairat' music composers Ajay-Atul are soaring higher and higher". scroll.in. Archived from the original on 25 February 2018. Retrieved 25 February 2018.
- "'JATRA' Keep aside the logic". marathimovieworld.com. Archived from the original on 14 July 2014. Retrieved 25 February 2018.