Jaula de oro (song)
|"Jaula de Oro"|
|Song by Los Tigres del Norte|
|from the album Jaula de Oro|
A translation of the lyrics begins as follows: "I have my wife and children whom I brought at a very young age. They no longer remember my beloved Mexico, which I never forget and to which I can never return. What good is money if I am like a prisoner in this great nation?"
The song inspired the 1987 Mexican film La jaula de oro.
- Yolanda Broyles-González La Historia de Lydia Mendoza: Norteno Tejano Legacies Page 189 - 2003 "This explains, for example, the ongoing tradition of song and countersong that exists in the barrios, whereby a popular song (the cancion ranchera) on immigration like "Jaula de Oro" ("Golden Cage" by Los Tigres del Norte) provokes con- ..."
- Paul DiMaggio, Patricia Fernandez-Kelly -Art in the Lives of Immigrant Communities in the United States 2010 - Page 183 "In addition to their popular repertoire of corridos that portray immigrants' views and relationships with the United States, such as the songs on the CD La jaula de oro (The golden cage) or in the “Canción 187” (Song 187), they have written the ..."
- Border matters: remapping American cultural studies - 1997 - Page 6 ".. "Jaula de Oro" stands as a corrective to the xenophobic, nationalist, and racist "backlash" in the United States against the estimated four million undocumented workers, more than half residing in California.3 "
- Joseph S. Tulchin, Andrew D. Selee Mexico's politics and society in transition 2003 -- Page 309 "I have my wife and children Whom I brought when they were small, But they no longer remember My beloved Mexico, Which I never forget And to which I cannot return. What good is money If I'm like a prisoner In this great nation? I weep when ..."
- Thomas Bender, Carl E. Schorske American academic culture in transformation: fifty years, four ... -1998 Page 186 "(I have my wife and children whom I brought at a very young age. They no longer remember my beloved Mexico, that I never forget and to which I can never return.) De que me sirve el dinero si yo soy como prisionero dentro de esta gran ..."