Java Web Services Development Pack
Oracle replaced JWSDP with GlassFish. All components of JWSDP are part of GlassFish and WSIT and several are in Java SE 6 ("Mustang"). The source is available under the Open Source Initiative-approved CDDL license.
These are the components and APIs available in the JWSDP 1.6:
- Java API for XML Processing (JAXP), v 1.3
- Java API for XML Registries (JAXR)
- Java Architecture for XML Binding (JAXB), v 1.0 and 2.0
- JAX-RPC v 1.1
- JAX-WS v 2.0
- SAAJ (SOAP with Attachments API for Java)
- Web Services Registry
Starting with JWSDP 1.6, the JAX-RPC and JAX-WS implementations support the Fast Infoset standard for the binary encoding of the XML infoset. Earlier versions of JWSDP also included
There are many other Java implementations of Web Services or XML processors. Some of them support the Java standards, some support other standards or non-standard features. Related technologies include:
- Apache Axis - web services framework
- XINS - RPC/web services framework
- xmlenc - XML output library
- JBossWS - web services stack from JBoss
- "Web Services Downloads: Web Services Previous Releases". http://www.oracle.com/: ORACLE. Retrieved 2011-05-17.
Project GlassFish replaces our previous release vehicle for providing new web services and XML developer tools between releases of the Sun Java System Application Server, the Java Web Services Developer Pack.
|This programming-tool-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|