Javier Botet López|
30 July 1977
Ciudad Real, Spain
Javier Botet López (born 30 July 1977) is a Spanish actor.
Life and career
Botet was born in Ciudad Real, the son of Agustín Andrés Botet Rodríguez and María del Carmen Servilia López Nieto. At five years old, Botet was diagnosed with Marfan syndrome. The hyperlaxity of certain body tissues brought about by Botet's condition has given him extremely long and fine fingers along with a tall, thin build, standing at 6.6 feet (2.0 m) tall and weighing 123 pounds (56 kg).
Botet's unique physical traits coupled with an interest in the performing arts led to his first film role in 2005, in Brian Yuzna's Beneath Still Waters. A breakthrough performance was made two years later as Tristana Medeiros in Jaume Balagueró and Paco Plaza's 2007 film REC. Botet has additionally appeared in television and theater roles, including in 2010 as Frankenstein's monster in Teatros del Canal's stage adaptation of Frankenstein. The actor currently lives in Madrid.
This section of a biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- REC (2007) as La Niña Medeiros
- REC 2 (2009) as La Niña Medeiros
- Witching & Bitching (2013) as Luismi
- Mama (2013) as Mama
- Crimson Peak (2015) as Ghosts of Margaret McDermott, Pamela Upton and Enola Sciotti
- The Conjuring 2 (2016) as The Crooked Man
- The Other Side of the Door (2016) as Myrtu
- Don't Knock Twice (2016) as The Russian Witch
- Alien: Covenant (2017) production crew member, credited as Movement Artist (Motion Capture)
- The Mummy (2017) as Set
- It (2017) as the Leper
- Insidious: The Last Key (2018) as KeyFace
- Slender Man (2018) as Slender Man
- Polaroid (2018) as Entity
- "How Javier Botet's Rare Marfan Syndrome Enabled His Acting Career". Hollywood Reporter. 2017-07-20. Retrieved 2017-10-01.
- Feldberg, Isaac (2017-09-01). "Meet Javier Botet, the 'It' boy of scary". The Boston Globe. Archived from the original on September 1, 2017. Retrieved 2017-10-01.
- Mama (Motion picture). Directed by Andy Muschietti. Produced by Guillermo del Toro, Barbara Muschietti and J. Miles Dale. Story by Andy and Barbara Muschietti. Screenplay by Neil Cross with Andy and Barbara Muschietti. Director of Photography Antonio Riestra. Edited by Michele Conroy. Music by Fernando Velázquez. Universal Pictures Presents a De Milo and Toma 78 Production. January 8, 2013. Botet's screen credit as a cast-member portraying the character "Mama" occurs at 1hr 35min 36sec. OCLC 963425097.
- Liffy (November 22, 2013). "Holy "Mama" – An Interview with Javier Botet". The Dodgy.
- The Other Side Of The Door (Motion picture). Directed by Johannes Roberts. Produced by Alexandre Aja, Rory Aitken and Ben Pugh. Written by Johannes Roberts and Ernest Riera. Music by Joseph Bishara. Edited by Baxter. Director of Photography Maxime Alexandre. Twentieth Century Fox Presents A 42/Fire Axe Pictures Production. March 4, 2016. Botet's screen credit as a cast-member portraying the character "Myrtu" occurs at 1hr 32min 28sec. OCLC 947734083.
- Alien: Covenant (Motion picture). Directed by Ridley Scott. Produced by Ridley Scott, Mark Huffam, Michael Schaefer, David Giler and Walter Hill. Story by Jack Paglen and Michael Green. Screenplay by John Logan and Dante Harper. Director of Photography Dariusz Wolski. Edited by Pietro Scalia. Music by Jed Kurzel. 20th Century Fox in association with TSG Entertainment, Brandywine, and Scott Free Productions. May 19, 2017. Botet's screen credit as a production crew-member with the title "Movement Artist (Motion Capture)" occurs at 1hr 59min 07sec. OCLC 1001348614.
- The Mummy (Motion picture). Directed by Alex Kurtzman. Produced by Alex Kurtzman, Chris Morgan, Sean Daniel and Sarah Bradshaw. Screenplay by David Koepp, Christopher McQuarrie and Dylan Kussman. Universal Pictures in association with Perfect World Pictures. A Secret Hideout/Conspiracy Factory/Sean Daniel Company Production. May 22, 2017. Botet's screen credit as a cast-member portraying the character "Set" occurs at 1hr 42min 05sec. OCLC 995854743.
- "Dad of 'Slender Man' attacker says movie is trying to capitalize on tragedy". New York Post. Associated Press. 4 January 2018.