Javier Calvo (actor)
Javier Calvo at the 32nd Goya Awards.
Javier Calvo Guirao
21 January 1991
Javier Calvo Guirao (born January 21, 1991) is a Spanish actor, stage director and film director. He is the best known for his role of Fernando "Fer" Redondo in the Antena 3 series Física o Química and for creating and directing the musical La llamada together with Javier Ambrossi, as well as co-directing its film adaptation.
Calvo began acting in theatre at age 11, eventually appearing in 2007 in film Doctor Infierno. Beginning in 2008, he starred in the Antena 3 television series Física o Química, portraying gay teenager Fernando "Fer" Redondo. Focusing on problems such as drugs, addictions, anorexia and sexual orientation, the series attracted much controversy. Calvo considers the themes of the series "problems that are also present in reality". He, however, received critical acclaim for portraying a gay male in his debut role.
On May 5, 2012, a fan-conference with Calvo took place in Moscow, Russia.
In July 2016 the web television series Paquita Salas, created by Calvo and Ambrossi, premiered on Flooxer. Due to the success of the series, Netflix acquired the rights to air the second season of the series.
From October 2017 to January 2018, Calvo and Ambrossi appeared on reality television talent competition Operación Triunfo as the teachers of acting in the "Academy".
Since 2010, Calvo is in a relationship with actor and director Javier Ambrossi.
|2008—2011||Física o Química||Fernando "Fer" Redondo||77 episodes|
|2014||Los misterios de Laura||Guillermo Vasco||1 episode|
|Amar es para siempre||Celso||1 episode|
|2016—present||Paquita Salas||writer, director, showrunner||5 episodes|
|2017—2018||Operación Triunfo||acting teacher|
|2007||Doctor Infierno||Bombero Johnny|
|2017||Holy Camp! (La llamada)||director, writer|
- "En 'FoQ' no ha habido nada exagerado, por mucho que pueda sorprender a algunos padres". Formula TV (in Spanish). Noxvo. 3 September 2009. Archived from the original on 18 September 2009. Retrieved 18 November 2018.
- "Javier Calvo: "Lo que pasaba en mi instituto superaba a los guiones de FOQ"". Antena 3. Madrid. 29 May 2009. Archived from the original on 13 August 2011. Retrieved 18 November 2018.
- "Javier Calvo: "Cada vez intento construir a un Fer más humano"". Y desperté... La Coctelera. Archived from the original on 22 February 2013.
- Cascales, Agustín G. (26 March 2008). "Javier Calvo, cuestión de química". Shangay (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 8 December 2008. Retrieved 18 November 2018.
- "Javier Calvo in Moscow! May 5". Vk.com (in Russian). 5 May 2012. Retrieved 4 September 2012.
- López Palacios, Iñigo (19 December 2013). "El triunfo de la sencillez inteligente". El País (in Spanish). Madrid: Prisa. Retrieved 14 February 2018.
- Díaz, Aroa (1 September 2015). "Éxito en la versión mexicana del musical 'La llamada'". Diez Minutos (in Spanish). Retrieved 14 February 2018.
- Engel, Philipp (6 July 2016). "GRAN ESTRENO EN FLOOXER DE 'PAQUITA SALAS'. HABLAMOS CON ELLA". Fotogramas (in Spanish). Hearst Magazines International. Archived from the original on 21 June 2018. Retrieved 14 February 2018.
- "La serie española 'Paquita Salas' ficha por Netflix". El País (in Spanish). Madrid: Prisa. 4 October 2017. Retrieved 14 February 2018.
- Rivera, Alfonso (22 September 2017). "Javier Calvo and Javier Ambrossi • Directors". Cineuropa - the best of european cinema. Archived from the original on 29 January 2018. Retrieved 29 January 2018.
- "THE FILM DIRECTORS JAVIER CALVO AND JAVIER AMBROSSI PRESENTED HIS NEW FILM DRESSED IN AVELLANEDA". Avellaneda. Retrieved 29 January 2018.
- Romo, José Luis (23 June 2017). "Los 50 homosexuales más influyentes en España 2017". El Mundo. Retrieved 18 November 2018.
- "Ficha de Javier Calvo Guirao". Agencia de representación Kuranda. 2006. Archived from the original on 17 October 2007. Retrieved 18 November 2018.