|Real name||Javier Torres|
Monstro Azteca"Aztec Monster"
|Height||6 ft 3 in (192 cm)|
|Reach||77 in (197 cm)|
May 14, 1988 |
|Wins by KO||3|
|Born||May 14, 1988|
Javier Torres (born May 14, 1988 in Artesia, California) is an undefeated Mexican American professional boxer in the Heavyweight division. Torres was the second rated U.S. amateur boxer in the Super Heavyweight division and a member of the Mexican Olympic team.
Javier's parents come from Mexico, his mother Maria is from Jalisco and his father Javier Sr., is from Zacatecas. He holds both Mexican and American citizenship, in 2008 he fought for the Mexican Olympic team and was a member of the U.S. National boxing team.
In 2007 Torres won the Mexican National Championship in the Heavyweight division and then went on to qualify for the 2008 Mexican Olympic team.
He also won a Silver medal at the 2009 U.S. National Super Heavyweight Championships in Colorado Springs, Colorado and is a two-time Jr. Olympic National Champion.
World Series Boxing
He currently fights for the Los Angeles Matadors of the WSB.
- "Javier Torres | Athletes". USA Boxing. Retrieved 2010-12-27.
- "US stars Martinez and Torres sign for WSB". World Series of Boxing. 2010-03-17. Archived from the original on 2011-07-18. Retrieved 2010-12-27.
- Tim Trower. "Olympic Dreams: Torres makes Mexico boxing team as heavyweight champion". MailTribune.com. Retrieved 2010-12-27.
- "Javier Torres Amateur Boxing Record". Boxing-Scoop.com. 2007-12-15. Retrieved 2010-12-27.
- "World Series of Boxing". Wsb-oras.ch. Archived from the original on 2012-12-17. Retrieved 2010-12-27.