The front of Jawahar Planetarium
|Location||Allahabad, UP, India|
|Owner||Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund|
The Jawahar Planetarium is located in the city of Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh, India. It was built in 1979 and is situated beside Anand Bhavan the former residence of the Nehru-Gandhi family and now a museum. It is managed by the 'Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund' (established 1964), which has its headquarters at Teen Murti House, New Delhi.
Each year, the prestigious 'Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Lecture' is also held at the planetarium, organised under the auspices of Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund on the birth anniversary of India's first prime minister, 14 November.
- Swami Vivekananda Planetarium, Mangalore
- List of tourist attractions in Allahabad
- List of planetariums
- "Schoolchildren imparted training to view solar eclipse". The Times of India. 17 July 2009.
- Institutions JNMF.
- "Narayana Murthy to deliver Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Lecture". The Times of India. 7 November 2009.
- "Lecture on genomic research". The Times of India. 11 November 2010.
|This article related to a museum in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|