Jawaharlal Nehru Engineering College
MGM's Jawaharlal Nehru Engineering College (or JNEC) is an engineering college affiliated to the [[Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Technocalogical University, Lonere, Raigad]Maharashtra]. It was established in 1982.
Bachelors and master's degrees are offered in the following department
|Applied Sciences||Pr V. M. Arole||Basic subjects of first year engineering courses and looks after the first year of the engineering courses.|
|Civil Engineering||Prof B.M. PATIL||Intake 60 + 60 seats|
|Mechanical Engineering||Prof. (Dr) M. S. Kadam||120+60 seats|
|Electronics & Telecom||Prof J. G. Rana||120+60 seats|
|Industrial Electronics||Prof F. I. Sheikh||60 seats|
|Computer Science & Engineering||Prof Vijaya Musande||120+60 seats|
|Instrumentation and Control Engineering||Prof. R.D. Kokate|
|Chemical||Prof. Dr. S. V. Dharwadkar|
|Information & Technology||Prof.Dr. S. C. Tamne|
|Bio Tech Engineering||Prof. Dr. Sanjay Harke|
|Electrical, Electronics & Power||Prof. B. T. Deshmukh||60 students|
- Master's courses of all above branches
The foundation stone of the existing MGM's JNEC building was laid by Hon Shri Sharad Pawar, then the Chief Minister, of Maharashtra on 14 November 1985. The College had started functioning earlier, as a part of Vivekanand College, Samarth Nagar, Aurangabad. It was not before September 1988 that the college was moved into the new location. In September 1998, the college campus consisted of one arm of the building (the North arm), & Chemistry Lab, Workshop, Production Lab and Library spread all around. Computer lab came with much fanfare in 1987. The current campus hosts Hostels for boys and girls, sport facility, Canteen as well as Bank. It is also shared with other colleges under MGM banner CAMPUS IMAGE MGM's JNEC 1994
MGM's Jawaharlal Nehru Engineering College Sports Complex is a sports complex with in Jawaharlal Nehru Engineering College. The facilities available for sports activities include a 400-meter synthetic track, a football field-cum-cricket ground with 63.5 metre of boundary, a stadium pavilion and courts for games like hockey, volleyball, basketball, kho-kho, kabaddi, and ball badminton. Facilities are available for indoor games like table-tennis, carom, chess, wrestling, weightlifting and power lifting.
Principals of College
- 1983 to 1992 - Mr. Pratap Rao Borade
- 1992 to 1997 - Mr. Pratap Rao Borade
- 1997 to 2017 - Mr. Sudhir Deshmukh
- 2017 till date - Dr. H. H. Shinde
Culture & Curricular activities
- 1987 to 1990 - Various departments created and founded their associations
- 1985 - GREATS was formed - Group of Elct and Telecom Students (Founding President - Ashish Desai and General Secretary - Rahu Rasane)
- 1985 Razzmatazz was organised in Vivekanand college premises. Fishpond was a major hit event.
- 1986 Razzmatazz, same premises
- 1987 Razzmatazz in new (current campus), Added events of Dumb Charads, Antaaskshari, etc. were added.
- The college is run by a trust (Mahatma Gandhi Mission).
- Approved By AICTE.
- Affiliated to Dr B.A.Technological University.
- N.B.A. accredited.
- ISO 9001:2000
During last 21 years approximately 10,000 students have pursued their bachelors from the college. The College has established ALUMNI association to keep in touch with ex-students. Previously Alumni association was existed in formally but now it is registered, the association vide letter no MHA/497/04 Dated 30/07/2004. JNEC Alumni association has 2041 members till date.
- MGM's JNEC Alumni Association
- MGM's JNEC Alumni Club on Facebook
- MGM's JNEC Alumni Entrepreneurs' Club
- Anubandh, Aurangabad - 26 December 2010
- MGM's JNEC Alumni Entrepreneurs' Club, Aurangabad - 29 June 2012
- Capital Anubandh, New Delhi - 8 September 2012
- MGM's Jawaharlal Nehru Engineering College(JNEC),Aurangabad Facebook Official Page
- Official website
- Dr.Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University
- The MGM Group
- MGM Website, www.mgmgroup.com, 09Sep12
- JNEC Sports
- JNEC website, 09Sep12