Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Aligarh
|Motto||(Arabic)علم الانسان ما لم يعلم ‘Allamal insaana maa lam ya’Ålam|
(English translation) Taught man what he did not know. (Qur'an 96:5)
|Aligarh Muslim University|
|Affiliations||AMU, Medical Council of India|
It launched an e-consultancy and monitoring cell for diabetes.
JNMC came into existence through the vision of Dr. Sir Ziauddin Ahmed, who saw the need of a medical college for the poor community at Aligarh. He worked with colleagues and students to establish a medical college at the university. He raised funds for the college. He died before the institution opened. Colonel S. Bashir Hasan Zaidi (vice chancellor), Major SMH Naqvi (Principal) and Mr MM Siddiqui (Registrar) were instrumental in starting the college.
The college grew under the leadership of Khan Bahadur Islam Nabi Khan and Prof. Hadi Hasan, who drove the fundraising campaign. Nearly eight million rupees were collected from across India. The medical college opened on 2 October 1962 (the 93rd birthday of Mahatma Gandhi) with an intake of 40 MBBS students. Enrollment of 40 students annually continued up to 1985 when it increased to 100 students, which continued until 1996, when enrollment grew to 150 That year a BDS course debuted with an intake of 40 students.
In the early seventies the college was under the Deanship and Principalship of Colonel M. Tajuddin. Dr. Mahmoodur Rahman, the then vice chancellor of Aligarh Muslim University played a key role in the establishment of Dr. Sir Ziauddin Dental College under the Faculty of Medicine.
JNMC signed a memorandum of understanding with Fortis Escort Heart Institute where in-staffs of AMU will train at Fortis.
|University and college rankings|
|Medical - India|
|India Today (2017)||8|
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Women's College, Aligarh Muslim University
- Syed Ziaur Rahman, Professor, Dept. of Pharmacology
- "Antibiotic Resistant 'Super Bug' Found at Aligarh Muslim University". NDTV. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- "AMU's Medical College launches e-consultancy for diabetes | TwoCircles.net". twocircles.net. Retrieved 27 March 2016.
- Fund Raising Committee, Bedari Number, AMU Old Boys Association, Aligarh, India, 1942
- Professor Hadi Hasan – An introduction to his life and contributions, By Syed Ziaur Rahman, The Alig (The Newsletter of Aligarh Muslim University Alumni Association Northern California), California, USA, Vol. 3, No. 2, 2000: 8–9
- Hadi Hasan – An introduction to his Life & contributions, By Syed Ziaur Rahman, The Hadi (Millennium Special Edition), Hadi Hasan Hall Magazine, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India, 2002–2003: 1–3
- Professor Syed Hadi Hasan – An overview of his life & contributions, The Hadi, Annual Magazine of Hadi Hasan Hall, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India, 2009–2010
- "AMU news today: JNMC staff to receive training at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute – Northern Voices Online". nvonews.com. Retrieved 27 March 2016.
- "India's Best Colleges 2017: Medical". India Today. 2017. Retrieved 21 June 2017.