Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Anantapur
|Motto||Yogah karmasu kaushalam|
Motto in English
|excellence in action is yoga|
|Type||Education and Research Institution|
|Vice-Chancellor||S. Srinivas kumar|
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Anantapur (JNTU Anantapur) is a state university in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh, India. Founded in 1946, it has since 1973 been a constituent college of Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, as set by The Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Act, 1972. In 2008 it had received autonomous status by the Jawaharlal Nehru Technological Universities Act, 2008.
JNTU Anantapur awards marks, class/division to students at the semester or degree level as per the academic regulations of the university. All the affiliated 'non-autonomous' colleges assess the students by a marking system. An aggregate score is calculated out of 100 as a percentage. Before R15 regulation the final score of students is not calculated as a GPA but instead used to award classes according to the marks obtained.
For students who completed their Bachelor's and Master's degree before 2015 (Grading system before implementing R15 academic regulation of the university for affiliated colleges) the grading system is as follows:
|Class Awarded||Marks Range|
|First Class with Distinction||70% or more|
|First Class||Below 70% but not less than 60%|
|Second Class||Below 60% but not less than 50%|
|Pass Class||Below 50% but not less than 40%|
|Fail Class||Below 40%|
For batches starting from 2015, Grading system according to the R15 academic regulation of the university:
|Marks Range||Grade||Grade point assigned|
- G. Satheesh Reddy, B.Tech in ECE, Indian Missile Scientist, current chairman of DRDO
- S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, Indian film playback singer, actor, music director, voice actor and film producer
- "JNTU Anantapur". jntucea.org. Archived from the original on 2 May 2011. Retrieved 16 June 2011.
- "The Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Act, 1973". Archived from the original (DOC) on 10 July 2007. Retrieved 16 June 2011.
- "Applications of RS and GIS for Disaster Management" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 26 June 2011. Retrieved 16 June 2011.
- "Conversion rule" (PDF). JNTUA.
- "JNTUA Academic Regulations R15" (PDF). JNTUA.
- "Nellore celebrates award to Satheesh Reddy". The Hindu. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
|This article about a university or college in Andhra Pradesh, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|