Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad
|Motto||Yogaha Karmasu Kaushalam|
|Established||1965 (formerly Nagarjuna Sagar Engineering College)|
|Vice-Chancellor||Smt. Shailaja Ramaiyer, IAS|
|Location||Kukatpally, Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad (JNTU Hyderabad) is a public university, located in Hyderabad, Telangana, India, and one of the India's leading educational institutions focusing on engineering. Founded in 1965 as the Nagarjuna Sagar Engineering College, it was established as a university in 1972 by The Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Act, 1972, also combining colleges in Kakinada and Anantapur. In 2008 the Jawaharlal Nehru Technological Universities Act, 2008 split the university back into four universities, Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture and Fine Arts University, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Anantapur, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad and Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada.
The university is situated at Kukatpally. It has ‘A’ grade accreditation by the (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) NAAC. It has an intake of about 1000 students.
This university consists of the constituent and affiliated colleges. The main officers and councils of the university are Chancellor, Vice-chancellor, Rector, Executive council and Academic Senate. The Governor of Telangana is the Chancellor of the university. The first Vice-Chancellor of the university was D. N. Reddy. The current one is Smt. Shailaja Ramaiyer, IAS as in charge .
An institution with academic and research-oriented courses, the B.Tech programs (undergraduate programs) number about 25. Major branches among them are Aeronautical Engineering, Automobile, Biotechnology, Information Technology, Electronics, Electrical, Instrumentation and Control, Metallurgy, Mechanical, Bio-medical, and Civil. A few courses are offered through the correspondence-cum-contact mode.
The postgraduate programs number 77, namely M.Tech, MSIT, MBA, MCA and MSc. The major branches are Bio-Technology, Biochemical Engineering , Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Remote-Sensing and GIS, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Water Resources, Mechanical Engineering, Nano-Technology, Energy Systems, Environmental Studies, Microbiology, Food Technology, Management, Computer Applications, and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Center for Biotechnology
- Biomedical Engineering
- Bioinformatics (Department of Computer Science, School of Information Technology
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- Electronics & Computer Engineering
- Electronics & Control Engineering
- Environment Science & Engineering
- Energy Science & Technology
- Engineering Technology
- Engineering Management
- Food Technology
- Fluid Mechanics
- Center for Development of Advanced Computing
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Geological Engineering
- Institute of Science and Technology
- Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering
- Instrumentation & Control Engineering
- Mining Technology
- Mathematical Physics
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Marine Technology
- Neural Engineering
- Printing Technology
- Petroleum Engineering
- Sports Technology
- Software Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- School of Information Technology
- School of Management Studies
- School of Textile Engineering
- Urban Engineering
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- "The Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Act, 1972" (DOC). Retrieved 16 June 2011.[dead link]
- "Applications of RS and GIS for Disaster Management" (PDF). Retrieved 16 June 2011.
- "List Of All Public Colleges Affiliated To JNTUH-Mrcollegehub.com".
- "The Hindu : Cities / Hyderabad : V-Cs appointed to five varsities". thehindu.com. Retrieved 10 June 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University.|