Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada
|Affiliations||UGC, NAAC, AIU, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada (JNTU-K)|
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada (JNTU Kakinada) is a public university, located in Kakinada, East Godavari district, north of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is one of India's leading educational universities focusing on engineering. The university has been accredited by the National Board of Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) of University Grants Commission (UGC) with 'A' grade. The university has been consistently ranked as the second best university in the state of Andhra Pradesh after Andhra University and as one of the premiere public technological universities across India.
The college offers the following programmes: B.Tech. in Civil Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Petro Chemical Engineering and Petroleum Technology, M.Tech. in Soil Mechanics & foundation Engineering, Structural Engineering, Advanced power Systems, High Voltage Engineering, CAD/CAM, Machine Design, Instrumentation & Control Systems, Computers & Communication, and Computer Science, Master of Computer Applications (MCA) and PhD programmes in Civil Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
The admission into B.Tech is based on EAMCET or ECET ranks, the admission into M.Tech is based on Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering or PGECET acores and the admission into MCA is based on ICET rank. The best rankers of the state in the above entrance examinations will get admission into the college. The admission into its undergraduate engineering courses is extremely competitive with less than 1% of the students from the Open Category getting selected to study at the University College of Engineering Kakinada, JNTUK through EAMCET entrance examination every year.
The College stood first in the state and fourteenth in the Country for the effective utilization of the funds under TEQIP phase-I. All the Engineering Departments of the College has been accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) of AICTE. The Tata Consultancy Services has accredited this College as a premier institution with ‘A’ grade. The Wipro Ltd has accredited this college as ‘Trusted Academic Partner’.Several other companies like Capgemini, Honeywell, Infosys, Accenture, Larsen & Toubro, etc. have also accredited this college.
International Integrated Masters Program
International Integrated master's degree Programme (IIMDP) – 5 years duration. B.Tech (Electronics and Communications Engineering) – Intake- 40 – 3-1/2 years course of study at JNTUK & 1-1/2 years course of study at Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden for M.Sc (Engineering) with Telecommunications Systems. B.Tech (Computer Science Engineering) – Intake- 40 – 3-1/2 years course of study at JNTUK & 1-1/2 years course of study at Blekinge Institute of Technology (BTH), Sweden for M.Sc (Engineering) with (a) Computer Science and (b) Software Engineering. B.Tech (Civil Engineering) – Intake- 60 – 3-1/2 years course of study at JNTUK & 1-1/2 years course of study at Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok, Thailand for M.S with (a) Construction Engineering and Infrastructure Management, (b) Remote Sensing and Geographic Information Systems (c) Environmental Engineering and Management B.Tech (Electrical and Electronics Enguneering) – Intake- 40 – 3-1/2 years course of study at JNTUK & 1-1/2 years course of study at Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Bangkok, Thailand for M.S with (a) Energy Technology (b) Micro Electronics. B.Tech (Aviation Engineering) – 4 years duration – First 2 years at JNTUK, 1-1/2 years at U.S Flight Academy, United States with Associate of Applied Science (AAS) Professional Pilot Licenses and last 1/2 year at JNTUK.
The MSIT (Master of Science in Information Technology) is a two-year post graduate programme in Computer Science which is offered at the university. MSIT is an innovative multi-university interdisciplinary post-graduate programme offered by the “Consortium of Institutions of Higher Learning” (CIHL), formed by the select few universities in the Andhra Pradesh in collaboration with Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, USA. 
The JNTUK has produced many alumni who played important roles in the technological development of India and made significant impact on corporate world.We are proud of you for being distinguished as luminaries and trendsetters in various fields of STEM- Science, Technology, Engineering and Management and all-time Great Engineers and Technocrats.
To name of few are as follow:
- E. Sreedharan Padma Vibhushan Dr.E. Sreedharan, one of the greatest engineers of all times and CMD, Delhi metro. A student of 1952 batch,claims that all the virtues that he imbibed like punctuality, precision and perfection, humility and simplicity were all cultivated only when he was a student at kakinada."If you are a student of JNTUK, you are truly blessed"- Sreedharan writes.
- Padma Bhushan Prof. VC Kulandaiswamy, was the vice chancellor for three universities like Indira Gandhi National Open University and Anna University for 15 years. One of the all times visionaries in engineering education; was a teacher with par excellence and brought several reforms successfully.
- Padma Bhushan Er. KI Varaprasada Reddy CEO, Santa Biotech. He invented the medicine for hepatitis and thus was truly a social engineer and a global engineer. Santa Biotech, established by him is the pioneer in several aspects and it is one of the largest biotechnology firms of the world.
- Profs. S. Muthukumaran, Former Vice Chancellor, Bharathidasan University is also acknowledge as one of the greatest educationist in the field of engineering.
- Late IG Krishna Rtd Air Marshal, Indian Air Force. The war Flight which you find at the entrance of the institution was gifted by the Indian Air Force to his soil as a token of Mr. Krishna's contribution to his motherland.
- Prof. G Satyandham, Professor, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA.
- Er. RVSSLN Bhaskarudu, Former CMD, Maruti Suzuki.
- B. V. R. Mohan Reddy, CEO, Cyient.
- Er. Y. Sivasagar Rao, Chairman and Managing Director, Visakhapatnam Steel Plant.
- Prof. JS Rao, Technical Advisor, GMR Power Projects.
- Dr. Krishna Mikkilineni, Vice President, Honeywell Technology Solutions Ltd.
- K S Rao, COO and President of Sterlite Technologies.
- http://www.eexam.in/jntu-kakinada-admissions-to-iic-programmes-2015.html. Missing or empty
- Top Engineering Colleges in Andhra Pradesh 2015
- A brief history of the University
- About university college
- A-Z course offered in JNTUK
- JNTU WORLD
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada.|