Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada
|Affiliation||UGC, NAAC, AIU, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada (JNTU-K)|
|Campus||Urban, 110 Acres|
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada (JNTU Kakinada) is a public university, in Kakinada, East Godavari district, north of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is one of India's leading universities focusing on engineering. The university has been accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) of University Grants Commission (UGC) with an "A" grade. JNTU Kakinada is known for its EAMCET entrance test where over 250,000 students take the test every year for around 600 seats in its undergraduate engineering courses. All the selected top candidates for engineering programs enroll at the University College of Engineering (Autonomous) Kakinada.
The college offers the following programmes: B.Tech. in Civil Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Petro Chemical Engineering and Petroleum Engineering,B.pharmacy and M.pharmacy, M.Tech. in Soil Mechanics & foundation Engineering, Structural Engineering, Advanced power Systems, High Voltage Engineering, CAD/CAM, Machine Design, Instrumentation & Control Systems, Computers & Communication, and Computer Science, Master of Computer Applications (MCA) and PhD programmes in Civil Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
Apart from the regular engineering courses, the university college of engineering offers a five-year International Integrated Masters Program popularly known as the IIMDP. The university also offers collaborative MBA with Central Michigan University.
JNTU Kakinada is actively pursuing research in the areas of renewable energy, environment, biotechnology etc. and has established the following schools for advanced study and research:
- School of Management Studies
- School of Health Sciences and Research
- School of Pharmacy Life Sciences Research
- School of Renewable Energy and Environment
- School of Food Technology
- School of Biotechnology
- School of Avionics
International Integrated Master's Program
The International Integrated Master's Programme (IIMDP) is five-years in duration.
- B.Tech (Electronics and Communications Engineering) – Intake- 40 – 3-1/2 years course of study at JNTUK & 1-1/2 years course of study at Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden for M.Sc (Engineering) with Telecommunications Systems.
- B.Tech (Computer Science Engineering) – Intake- 40 – 3-1/2 years course of study at JNTUK & 1-1/2 years course of study at Blekinge Institute of Technology (BTH), Sweden for M.Sc (Engineering) with (a) Computer Science and (b) Software Engineering.
- B.Tech (Civil Engineering) – Intake- 60 – 3-1/2 years course of study at JNTUK & 1-1/2 years course of study at Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok, Thailand for M.S with (a) Construction Engineering and Infrastructure Management, (b) Remote Sensing and Geographic Information Systems (c) Environmental Engineering and Management
- B.Tech (Electrical and Electronics Enguneering) – Intake- 40 – 3-1/2 years course of study at JNTUK & 1-1/2 years course of study at Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Bangkok, Thailand for M.S with (a) Energy Technology (b) Micro Electronics.
- B.Tech (Aviation Engineering) – 4 years duration – First 2 years at JNTUK, 1-1/2 years at U.S Flight Academy, United States with Associate of Applied Science (AAS) Professional Pilot Licenses and last 1/2 year at JNTUK.
Master of Science in Information Technology
The MSIT (Master of Science in Information Technology) is a two-year post graduate programme in Computer Science. MSIT is an innovative multi-university interdisciplinary post-graduate programme offered by the “Consortium of Institutions of Higher Learning” (CIHL), formed by the select few universities in the Andhra Pradesh in collaboration with Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, USA. 
Admission into B.Tech is based on EAMCET or ECET ranks; admission into M.Tech is based on Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering or PGECET scores; and admission into MCA is based on ICET rank. The best rankers of the state in the above entrance examinations will get admission into the college.
Admission into its undergraduate engineering courses is extremely competitive with less than 1% of the students from the Open Category getting selected to study at the University College of Engineering Kakinada, JNTUK through EAMCET entrance examination every year.
The college stood first in the state and fourteenth in the country for the effective use of funds under TEQIP phase-I. All the Engineering Departments have been accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) of AICTE. The Tata Consultancy Services has accredited this college as a premier institution with ‘A’ grade. The Wipro Ltd has accredited this college as ‘Trusted Academic Partner’. Several other companies like Capgemini, Honeywell, Infosys, Accenture, Larsen & Toubro, etc. have accredited this college.
The JNTUK has produced many alumni in fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Management (STEM).
A few are as follow:
- E. Sreedharan Padma Vibhushan was one of the greatest engineers of all time and CMD, Delhi metro. A student of 1952 batch, claims that all the virtues that he imbibed like punctuality, precision, perfection, humility, and simplicity were all cultivated when he was a student at Kakinada. "If you are a student of JNTUK, you are truly blessed," Sreedharan writes.
- Padma Bhushan Prof. VC Kulandaiswamy, was the vice chancellor for three universities like Indira Gandhi National Open University and Anna University for 15 years. One of the visionaries in engineering education; was a teacher with par excellence and brought several reforms successfully.
- Padma Bhushan Er. KI Varaprasada Reddy CEO, Santa Biotech. He invented the medicine for hepatitis and thus was truly a social engineer and a global engineer. Santa Biotech, established by him is the pioneer in several aspects and it is one of the largest biotechnology firms of the world.
- Profs. S. Muthukumaran, former Vice Chancellor, Bharathidasan University is acknowledged as one of the greatest educationist in engineering.
- Late IG Krishna Rtd Air Marshal, Indian Air Force. The war flight at the entrance of the institution was given by the Indian Air Force to his soil as a token of Mr. Krishna's contribution to his motherland.
- Prof. G Satyandham, professor, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA.
- Er. RVSSLN Bhaskarudu, former CMD, Maruti Suzuki.
- B. V. R. Mohan Reddy, CEO, Cyient.
- Er. Y. Sivasagar Rao, chairman and managing director, Visakhapatnam Steel Plant.
- Prof. JS Rao, technical advisor, GMR Power Projects.
- Dr. Krishna Mikkilineni, vice president, Honeywell Technology Solutions Ltd.
- K S Rao, COO and president of Sterlite Technologies.
- P P Chainulu, GM (Inst/IT) ONGC Mangalore Petrochemicals Ltd..
- http://www.sakshieducation.com/(S(2zjl4f55isi0um45vzra4d45))/AdmissionsStory.aspx?nid=14689&cid=2&sid=11&chid=0&tid=0. Missing or empty
- http://www.eexam.in/jntu-kakinada-admissions-to-iic-programmes-2015.html. Missing or empty
- A brief history of the University
- About university campus schools
- A-Z course offered in JNTUK
- About university college
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada.|