Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada
|Affiliation||UGC, NAAC, AIU|
|Vice-Chancellor||M. Ramalinga Raju|
Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh, India
|Campus||Urban, 110 acres (45 ha)|
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada (JNTU Kakinada) is a public university, in Kakinada, East Godavari district, north of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is one of India's leading universities focusing on engineering. The university has been accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) of University Grants Commission (UGC) with an "A" grade. JNTU Kakinada is known for its EAMCET entrance test where over 250,000 students take the test every year for around 600 seats in its undergraduate engineering courses. All the selected top candidates for engineering programs enroll at the University College of Engineering (Autonomous) Kakinada.
The college offers B.Tech. undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in various fields. JNTU Kakinada has established the following schools:
- School of Management Studies
- School of Engineering
- School of Spatial Information Technology
- School of Health Sciences and Research
- School of Pharmaceutical Sciences & Technologies
- School of Renewable Energy & Environment
- School of Food Technology
- School of Biotechnology
- School of Avionics
- School of Soft Skills & Public Relations
Admission into B.Tech is based on EAMCET or ECET ranks; admission into M.Tech is based on Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering or PGECET scores; and admission into MCA is based on ICET rank. Students in the state with the highest grades in the above entrance examinations get admission to the college.
Admission into its undergraduate engineering courses is extremely competitive with less than 1% of the students from the Open Category getting selected to study at the University College of Engineering Kakinada, JNTUK through EAMCET entrance examination every year.
JNTU Kakinada has three constituent university colleges, University College of Engineering, Kakinada, University College of Engineering, Vizianagaram and University College of Engineering, Narasaraopet. On 13 February 2019 the campuses of JNTUK Vizianagaram and Andhra University PG centre, Vizianagaram merged to form Gurazada Apparao University.
|Engineering – India|
Notable alumni include:
- E. Sreedharan, Padma Vibhushan
- B. V. R. Mohan Reddy, CEO Cyient
- V. C. Kulandaiswamy, Padma Bhushan
- "About JNTUK | JNTU kakinada". www.jntuk.edu.in. Retrieved 18 August 2017.
- "Merger of JNTUK Vizianagaram campus and AU Vizianagaram campus to form Gurazada Apparao University". The Hindu. Retrieved 13 February 2019.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 (Engineering)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada.|