||This article reads like a review rather than an encyclopedic description of the subject. (June 2010)|
|Directed by||Narender Bedi|
|Produced by||Ramesh Behl|
|Written by||Inder Raj Anand, Kader Khan (dialogue)|
|Music by||R.D. Burman|
|Distributed by||Rose Films Pvt. Ltd|
|July 14, 1972|
Jawani Diwani (Hindi: जवानी दिवानी; traduction: Crazy youth) is a 1972 Bollywood movie directed by Narender Bedi, and starring Randhir Kapoor, Jaya Bhaduri, Balraj Sahni, Nirupa Roy, as leads. This was also Kader Khan's debut as a dialogue writer.
The film is most remembered for its songs by R.D. Burman, including, "Jaane Jaan Doodta Phir Ruha", "Saamne Yeh Koun Aaya", "Nahi Nahi Abhi Nahi" and "Yeh Jawani Hai Diwani". The film was a musical hit and the eighth highest grossing film at the Indian Box Office.
Madhu (Nirupa Roy) falls in love with Ravi Anand (Balraj Sahni), son of an employee in her Thakur brother's (Iftekhar) household. When they get married, the Thakur breaks all ties with them, she moves into Ravi's home, where they live with his younger brother, Vijay (Randhir Kapoor). Subsequently, Vijay meets a girl, Neeta (Jaya Bhaduri), at school, with the usual problems with parents. She turns out to be the Thakur's daughter, who has been promised in marriage to Benny Sinha (Narendra Nath).
- Randhir Kapoor - Vijay Anand
- Jaya Bhaduri - Neeta Thakur
- Balraj Sahni - Ravi Anand
- Nirupa Roy - Madhu Anand
- Iftekhar - Thakur
- A. K. Hangal - College Principal
- Narendra Nath - Benny Sinha
- Paintal - Rattan
- Satyen Kappu - Mamaji
- Jagdish Raj - Mr. Sharma
- Viju Khote - Mr. Gupta
- Brahm Bhardwaj - Mr. Sinha
- Lalita Kumari - Mrs. Sinha
- Director - Narendra Bedi
- Writer - Inder Raj Anand, Kader Khan
- Producer - Ramesh Behl
- Music Director - Rahul Dev Burman
- Lyricist - Anand Bakshi
- Playback Singers - Asha Bhosle, Kishore Kumar
- Soundtrack Label - Polydor (now Universal Music India Limited)
R. D. Burman composed and produced the music for this movie. The lyrics were written by Anand Bakshi. The song, "Jaane Jaan Dhoondta Phir Raha" made it to #26 on the Binaca Geetmala annual list 1972. The title of the hit film, Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani (2013) was taken from a hit song from the film.
|"Samne Yeh Kaun Aaya"||Kishore Kumar|
|"Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani"||Kishore Kumar|
|"Jaane Jaan Dhoondta Phir Raha"||Asha Bhosle & Kishore Kumar|
|"Agar Saaz Cheda To"||Asha Bhosle & Kishore Kumar|
|"Hai Tauba Mujhe Tune"||Asha Bhosle|
|"Nahi Nahi Abhi Nahin"||Asha Bhosle & Kishore Kumar|
- Banerjee, Shampa; Anil Srivastava (1988). One Hundred Indian Feature Films: An Annotated Filmography. Taylor & Francis. ISBN 0-8240-9483-2.
- Gulzar, .; Govind Nihalani; Saibal Chatterjee (2003). Encyclopaedia of Hindi cinema. Popular Prakashan, Encyclopædia Britannica (India). ISBN 81-7991-066-0.
|This article about a Hindi film of the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|