This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Jawi keyboard layout is a keyboard layout for writing the Jawi script on the Windows platform. It is based on a standard set by SIRIM (Standard Malaysia) in 2011. The layout was devised by Technical Committee in Multi-Lingual Computing at SIRIM. It was approved in 2011. 
The design is based on 3 principles;
- the layout is based on existing Arabic keyboard layout since many Jawi characters are based on Arabic characters
- Make minimal changes to the existing layout
- Add feature to support Jawi
As a result, the Technical Committee agree on two designs, Normal Position and Shift Position.
- Department of Standards Malaysia (2012). MS 2443:2012 Information technology - Jawi coded character set for information interchange. Department of Standards Malaysia.
- Department of Standards Malaysia (2011). MS 2396:2011 Information technology - Keyboard layout for Jawi characters. Department of Standards Malaysia.