|Born||July 13, 2003|
West Covina, California, U.S.
|Residence||Tarzana, California, U.S.|
Jax Malcolm (born July 13, 2003) is an American actor, singer and competitive swimmer who is best known for his roles in Kroll Show, Comedy Bang! Bang!, The Birthday Boys and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, and for voicing Oliver in The Other Side of the Door.
Early life and education
Jax Malcolm was born July 12, 2003, in West Covina, California. He first showed an interest in acting at the age of 5 after asking his parents why he was not on television like other children. From there, his family hired an agent, which led to his first appearance in a PSA for Smart Power.
His first acting credits include roles in the 2010 film Dark Crossing and the TV shows Redeeming Dave, Comedy Bang! Bang! and Kroll Show. By the age of 12, Jax had also appeared in The Birthday Boys, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and About Scout.
In 2015, Jax guest starred in an episode of The League titled "The Great Night of Shiva". His appearance on this episode earned him a nomination to the 2016 Young Entertainer Awards for Best Guest Starring Young Actor 12 to 14 – Television Series, though he would ultimately lose the award to Graham Verchere.
In 2016, Jax was cast by the director of The Other Side of the Door, Johannes Roberts, to voice the main antagonist, Oliver. The film is set in Mumbai and portrays antiques dealer Jeremy Sisto as Michael and Sarah Wayne Callies as Maria as they find themselves the grieving parents of a deceased son. This role marked Jax's debut as a voice actor as well as his debut in a film produced by a major film studio (20th Century Fox).
Jax Malcolm is also a competitive swimmer and lifeguard who has qualified to the Junior Olympics.
Jax currently lives in Tarzana, California, with his parents.
|2010||Dark Crossing||School Child 9|
|2011||Love is All You Need? (Short)||David|
|2016||The Other Side of The Door||Oliver (Voice)|
|2012||Vild med comedy||Birthday Boy|
|2013||Redeeming Dave||Bedeazzled Boy|
|2013||The Birthday Boys||Buddy's Son|
|2013||Comedy Bang! Bang!||Birthday Boy|
|2013||Westside (TV Movie)||Young Josh Nance Age 8|
|2014||Kroll Show||Curly-Haired Boy / Get Oot Kid|
|2015||The League||Future Chalupa|
- De la O, Maria. "El terror detrás de la puerta". Posta. Retrieved October 24, 2016.
- "Jax Malcolm". ElCinema.com. Retrieved October 24, 2016.
- Staff (December 2015). "Jax Malcolm". Vents Magazine (XII): 13–14.
- Staff. "2nd Annual Real To Reel Global Youth Film Festival Presented By Better Youth A Success". Los Angeles Sentinel. Retrieved October 24, 2016.
- Cigognini, Carla. "Al cinema dal 21 aprile: trailer, trame e recensioni dei film in sala". BLOGO. Retrieved October 24, 2016.
- Rapp, Ilana. "Young Performer Jax Malcolm Discusses Maturity in Show Biz Kids". The Huffington Post. Retrieved October 24, 2016.
- Abele, Robert. "What's scary about 'The Other Side of the Door' is its stereotypes". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved October 24, 2016.
- Downer, Kristin. "EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: "The Other Side of the Door" Star Jax Malcolm". #nerdproblems. Retrieved October 24, 2016.
- Ayers, Mary. "Jax Malcolm is on The Other Side of the Door". Teenplicity. Retrieved October 24, 2016.