||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Allison at the 2006 Texas Book Festival
Jay Allison is an American independent public radio producer and broadcast journalist. His work has been featured on radio programs such as This American Life, as well as National Public Radio's All Things Considered, and Morning Edition. Allison is the Executive Director of Atlantic Public Media, which produced and administers Transom.org and the Public Radio Exchange PRX, and is the "Curator" and co-producer, with Dan Gediman, of This I Believe. He is also the "Curator" of the radio program, Heart of the Land .
He was the 1996 recipient of the CPB's Edward R. Murrow Award for outstanding contributions to public radio, the only independent producer to have received it. He has also received five Peabody Awards.
Allison and Gediman collected some of the best essays from the This I Believe series and published them in the books This I Believe: The Personal Philosophies of Remarkable Men and Women (ISBN 978-0-8050-8658-4) and This I Believe II (ISBN 978-0-8050-8768-0).
This American Life work
Allison's work has been featured in the following episodes of This American Life:
- Episode 26 – Father's Day '96
- Episode 31 – When You Talk About Music
- Episode 35 – Fall Clearance Sale
- Episode 40 – Lessons
- Episode 51 – Animals Die, People Ponder
- Episode 67 - Your Dream, My Nightmare
- Episode 68 – Lincoln's Second Inaugural
- Episode 108 – Truth and Lies at Age Ten
- Episode 117 – You Gonna Eat That?
- Episode 149 – Bedside Diplomacy
- Episode 161 – Million Bubbles
- Episode 223 – Classifieds
- Episode 241 – 20 Acts in 60 Minutes
- Episode 256 – Living Without
- Episode 378 – This I Used to Believe
- Episode 388 – Rest Stop
Notes and references
- Official website
- Public Radio Exchange
- Public Media Maverick Jay Allison (2007), on Thought Cast
|This United States biographical article related to radio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an American journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|