Bromley with the Giants in the 2017 NFL season
|No. 96 – DC Defenders|
|Born:||May 28, 1992|
Jamaica, New York
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||297 lb (135 kg)|
|High school:||Flushing (Flushing, New York)|
|NFL Draft:||2014 / Round: 3 / Pick: 74|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
Jayson Craig Bromley, Jr. (born May 28, 1992) is an American football defensive tackle who plays for the DC Defenders of the XFL. He was drafted by the New York Giants in the third round of the 2014 NFL Draft. He played college football at Syracuse.
Bromley was born on May 28, 1992 in Jamaica, New York. His mother was addicted to crack and he was himself born with an addiction. His father, a pimp, beat one of his prostitutes after tying her to a radiator. She died, he was convicted of homicide, and sentenced to prison when Jay was just nine months old. Custody of Jay went to his aunt and uncle when he was four months old. He attended Flushing High School in Queens, New York, where he was named to the New York Post All-City First Team and was an all-borough selection following his senior season. He recorded 60 tackles and 12 sacks as a senior, while serving as team captain. He recorded over 40 sacks in his high school.
He did not receive much recruiting attention, and only had a walk-on option at Stony Brook University. By June of his senior year, he was without any scholarship offers. However, after an invite to the Outback Steakhouse Empire Challenge, Bromley dominated the event, earning himself MVP honors. In the coming days, he received a scholarship from Syracuse University, which he accepted. During his career at Syracuse, Bromley recorded 121 tackles, including 25.5 for loss, 14 sacks, and three forced fumbles. After leading his team in tackles for loss (14.5) and sacks (10), as a senior, he was named a third-team All-ACC selection.
New York Giants
In his four years with the Giants, Bromley played in 39 regular-season games as a reserve defensive tackle, recording 76 tackles, with a career-high 36 tackles in 2015.
New Orleans Saints
On May 14, 2018, Bromley signed with the New Orleans Saints. He was released on September 1, 2018. He was re-signed on September 18, 2018. He was placed on injured reserve on October 23, 2018 after suffering a torn biceps in Week 7.
San Francisco 49ers
- "Giants defensive tackle Jay Bromley accused of trying to rape woman he met on Instagram at swanky Midtown hotel". New York Daily News. January 30, 2016.
- "Molded by life, Jay Bromley is more than just a football player". Archived from the original on September 1, 2016. Retrieved October 13, 2014.
- Almost an afterthought, Queens native now on cusp of NFL
- "New York Giants draft defensive tackle Bromley in 3rd round | The Daily Orange". DailyOrange.com. Retrieved May 10, 2014.
- Eisen, Michael (May 10, 2014). "Giants draft DT Jay Bromley in third round". Giants.com. Retrieved April 19, 2018.
- "New Orleans Saints announce post-rookie minicamp roster moves". NewOrleansSaints.com. May 14, 2018.
- "New Orleans Saints make roster reductions to 53". NewOrleansSaints.com. September 1, 2018.
- "Saints re-signing defensive tackle Jay Bromley". NOLA.com. September 18, 2018.
- "Saints DT Jay Bromley placed on injured reserve". TheAdvocate.com. October 23, 2018.
- "49ers Announce Several Roster Moves". 49ers.com. August 3, 2019.
- "49ers Release Nine Players". 49ers.com. August 30, 2019. Retrieved August 30, 2019.
- "SUPPLEMENTAL DRAFT RESULTS". XFL.com. November 22, 2019.