Jay Gordon (physician)
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Dr. Jay N. Gordon (born 1948) is an American pediatrician, professor, and author, known for his holistic philosophy and extremist views on vaccinations. A longtime advocate of breastfeeding, he became a member of the International Health Advisory Council of the La Leche League in 2005.
Gordon's patients include actress Jenny McCarthy's son Evan. He appeared with McCarthy on an episode of Larry King Live in July 2008 to discuss the issue of children's vaccinations. He also appeared with McCarthy at the "Green Our Vaccines", rally.
Gordon is married with one daughter. He lives in Santa Monica, California, where he practices medicine.
Gordon is the author and co-author of several books and a DVD on children, including:
- Brighter Baby (1999)
- Listening to your baby : a new approach to parenting your newborn (2002)
- Good nights : the happy parents' guide to the family bed, and a peaceful night's sleep! (2002)
- The ADD and ADHD cure : the natural way to treat hyperactivity and refocus your child (2008)
- Vaccinations? : assessing the risks and benefits (DVD) (2008)
- Preventing Autism: What You Can Do to Protect Your Children Before and After Birth (2013)
- "LLLI Health Advisory Counci". Web.archive.org. Archived from the original on December 22, 2005. Retrieved 2013-08-18.
- "Health Advisory Council". LLLI. 2011-05-20. Archived from the original on 2005-12-22. Retrieved 2013-08-18.
- "Jenny McCarthy's Autism Fight". CNN. 2 April 2008. Retrieved 3 September 2013.
- Staff Writer (July 22, 2008). "UCLA Headlines July 22, 2008". UCLA. Retrieved August 29, 2013.
- Mnookin, Seth (15 July 2013). "A Jenny McCarthy reader, Pt. 3: Jenny legitimizes the scientific fringe". Public Library of Science. Retrieved 14 August 2013.
- Unknown author. "Search results for Jay Gordon". World Cat. Retrieved August 31, 2013.
- "Brighter Baby". Regnery.com. Retrieved 2013-08-18.
|This biographical article related to medicine in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|