Grdina at the XBIZ Awards on November 17, 2005
John G. Grdina
October 11, 1967
|Other names||Justin Sterling|
|Spouse(s)||Jenna Jameson (2003–2006)|
John G. "Jay" Grdina (born October 11, 1967) is an American businessman and former pornographic actor. His family originates from Croatia. He is often credited under the stage name Justin Sterling.
Grdina was born in Ohio to a wealthy cattle ranching family who immigrated from Karlovac, Croatia. He spent portions of his grade school years at Naples Christian Academy (NCH) in Naples, Florida, and his high school years at Gilmour Academy, a prep school in Gates Mills, Ohio. He attended the University of San Diego majoring in business and psychology.
After graduating college, Grdina pursued a variety of careers and business ventures until 1992, when he began investing in adult films directed by Michael Ninn. From 1995 to 1999, he wrote and directed several pornographic films in Ninn's style, often under the name 'Michael Santangelo, Justin Fine and Justin Sterling.
Grdina met Jenna Jameson, already a famous porn star, in 1998. They married in a Roman Catholic-style ceremony on June 22, 2003. The couple resided in Scottsdale, Arizona in a 6,700-square-foot (620 m2) Spanish-style mansion purchased for $2 million in 2002. They later moved to Paradise Valley in a 10,000 sq ft (930 m2) home for $4.5 million.
In 2000, Grdina co-founded ClubJenna, first as an Internet pornography company then as a multimedia adult entertainment business. On June 22, 2006, Playboy Enterprises announced the acquisition of Club Jenna and related companies in conjunction with personal service agreements by both Jameson and Grdina.
Grdina produced, directed, and wrote several Club Jenna films including Briana Loves Jenna, The Masseuse, I Dream of Jenna, and Krystal Method. Grdina also acted in some of these films, as the only man that Jameson would have intercourse with on screen.
- 1998 AVN Award – Best Videography – Diva, The Series (shared with Barry Harley)
- 2004 NightMoves Award – Best Director (Fan's Choice)
- 2005 AFW Award – Best Actor – The Masseuse
- 2005 AVN Award – Best Actor (Film) – The Masseuse
- 2005 AVN Award – Best Couples Sex Scene (Film) – The Masseuse (shared with Jenna Jameson)
- 2005 AVN Award – Best Editing (Video) – Bella Loves Jenna
- 2007 AVN Award – Best Editing (Film) – Jenna's Provocateur (shared with Johnny 5)
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on June 26, 2012. Retrieved May 28, 2013.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Dnevno.hr Archived November 12, 2013, at the Wayback Machine Ratko Martinović: Loš PR u dijaspori – Koje su svjetski poznate osobe podrijetlom Hrvati, a da to niste ni znali, 28. listopada 2012. (Croatian)
- "The (Porn) Player", by Matthew Miller, Forbes magazine, July 4, 2005
- Brand Access Forum May 8, 2006 Los Angeles, California speaker profile. Archived from  on 8 May 2006 by the Internet Archive
- "U novom SVIJETU sve o PORNOGRAFSKOM MOGULU iz Karlovca: Kako se zaljubio u Jennu Jameson i stvorio američku PORNO SCENU". jutarnji.hr. Retrieved July 14, 2017.
- Justin Sterling on IMDb
- "Justin Sterling" Archived October 21, 2006, at the Wayback Machine page about the director at lukeford.com
- "At Home with Jenna Jameson: Off Camera, Cashmere and Crosses" by Dinitia Smith, The New York Times, April 15, 2004
- "Playboy gets more hardcore with new acquisition", by William Spain, MarketWatch, June 22, 2006
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on September 29, 2011. Retrieved July 5, 2011.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "NoHo Sees Hangover Defense Sales at $100 Million". Bloomberg.
- [permanent dead link]
- "Jay Grdina, NoHo". CNBC. Retrieved July 14, 2017.
- Powell, Brian. "Jenna Jameson's husband accused of assault". East Valley Tribune. Retrieved July 14, 2017.
- "Jenna Jameson files for divorce", United Press International, December 12, 2006
- http://www.monstersandcritics.com/people/news/article_1426892.php/Jenna_Jameson_a_devout_Catholic_and_pregnant_too[permanent dead link]
- "Club Jenna exec shares tips on being a good PV neighbor". The Arizona Republic. Retrieved July 14, 2017.
- "AVN Awards – 1997". RAME. Archived from the original on September 24, 2015. Retrieved March 3, 2015.
- Dirty Bob (September 21, 2004). "Winners of the Nightmoves Entertainment Awards Announced". AVN. Retrieved March 3, 2015.
- Chip Baker (April 27, 2005). "Jameson, Sterling Earn AFW Honors". AVN. Retrieved March 3, 2015.
- "2005 AVN Awards Show Winners Announced". AVN. January 8, 2005. Retrieved March 3, 2015.
- "2007 AVN Award Winners Announced". AVN. January 14, 2007. Retrieved March 3, 2015.
- Jay G (Justin Sterling) on Myspace
- "Jenna Jameson’s husband accused of assault", by Brian Powell and Mike Sakal, East Valley Tribune, August 3, 2006
- Jay Grdina at the Adult Film Database