|Title||Running backs coach / assistant special teams|
|Born||June 14, 1989|
San Diego, California
|Alma mater||Oregon State University|
|Coaching career (HC unless noted)|
|2008–2011||Oregon State (undergraduate assistant)|
|2012–2014||Baltimore Ravens(Offensive QC)|
Early life and family
A native of San Diego, California, Harbaugh attended St. Augustine High School He played defensive line in high school, but knee injuries ended his career. Harbaugh earned a bachelor's degree in sociology from Oregon State University. He is the son of University of Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh, grandson of former player and coach Jack Harbaugh, and the nephew of Baltimore Ravens head coach, John Harbaugh.
Harbaugh spent four seasons as an undergraduate assistant at Oregon State under head coach Mike Riley. Riley was the head coach of the San Diego Chargers in 1999 and 2000 when Jay's father Jim was playing quarterback.
Jay Harbaugh spent three seasons in all working in Baltimore for the Ravens. In 2014, his work focused on statistical analysis, self-scouting reports and breakdowns of opposing defenses. He was on the Ravens’ staff the year they beat his father’s San Francisco 49ers in Super Bowl XLVII.
On January 20, 2015 Jay was officially introduced as part of the Michigan football staff and will serve as the tight ends coach and serve as assistant special teams coach for the Wolverines. For the 2017 season, Jay was named running backs coach.
- "U of M Football Coach Staff Bio". University of Michigan. Retrieved 25 January 2015.
- "Acee: Jay Harbaugh doing what he was born to -- coaching". U-T San Diego. Retrieved 25 January 2015.
- "Jay Harbaugh's Football Stats". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 25 January 2015.
- "Son of 49ers' Jim Harbaugh forging own coaching path". San Jose Mercury News. Retrieved 25 January 2015.
- "Jay Harbaugh Joins Staff as Tight Ends, Assistant Special Teams Coach". mgoblue.com/. Retrieved 23 January 2015.
- "Jim Harbaugh adds son Jay as Michigan TE coach". CBSSports.com. Retrieved 23 January 2015.
- "Jim Harbaugh hires son, Jay". ESPN. Retrieved 25 January 2015.
- "Jim Harbaugh's son, Jay, joins Michigan staff as assistant". Sports Illustrated. Retrieved 25 January 2015.
- "Jim Harbaugh's son helping Ravens prepare for Sunday". NFL. Retrieved 23 January 2015.