|Born:||March 21, 1959|
Iowa City, Iowa
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||250 lb (113 kg)|
|High school:||Iowa City (Iowa City, Iowa)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
He is the son of All-American University of Iowa center Jerry Hilgenberg and nephew of Minnesota Vikings linebacker Wally Hilgenberg. His brother Joel Hilgenberg played center for the New Orleans Saints, and the brothers were teammates in 1993 for the Saints.
Hilgenberg attended the University of Iowa in the late 1970s. He started in the NFL's Pro Bowl seven times. He was a member of the winning team in Super Bowl XX as a member of the 1985 Chicago Bears as well as their Division Champion teams from 1984–88 and 1990.
- BOSHART, ROD. "Brothers Jay Hilgenberg of the Chicago Bears and Joel..." UPI.
- "Hilgenberg, Kittle together again as Hawkeyes - Iowa Official Athletic Site". Hawkeyesports.com. October 5, 2009. Retrieved September 27, 2012.
- BearsHistory.com Chicago Bears Ring of Honor © 2009. "Jay Hilgenberg, BearsHistory.com Chicago Bears Ring of Honor". Bearshistory.com. Retrieved September 27, 2012.
- "Dent, Hilgenberg Deserve Hall Passes". Bleacher Report. August 10, 2009. Retrieved September 27, 2012.
- Larry Mayer. "Write Now Blog | Ex-Bears among Hall of Fame nominees". Blog.chicagobears.com. Archived from the original on November 11, 2013. Retrieved September 27, 2012.
|This biographical article relating to an American football offensive lineman born in the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|