List of The Wanted members
There are five members in the English-Irish boy band The Wanted: Max George, Siva Kaneswaran, Jay McGuiness, Tom Parker and Nathan Sykes. George, McGuiness, Parker and Sykes are from England; Kaneswaran is from Ireland.
Below are profiles of the group, in alphabetical order by last name.
Maximillian Alberto "Max" George (born 6 September 1988 ) grew up with his family in Manchester. Before music, he was a footballer with Preston North End and was on the verge of signing a two-year deal with them, while he has been a Manchester City supporter since a young age. Previously he was a member of Avenue, a five-piece boy band made up of himself, Jonathan Lloyd, Scott Clarke, Ross Candy and Jamie Tinkler. They entered the third series of The X Factor in 2006 and made it to Louis Walsh's bootcamp, but media reports exposed that Avenue had not strictly adhered to the rules, having been signed by an earlier X Factor music director to a deal. They were banned from participation for having professional representation rather than being specifically formed for the competition. Avenue admitted they had failed to duly report their engagements and George admitted it was "not The X Factor 's fault" in the video showing their disqualification in Walsh's office. With Andy Brown joining as a member of Avenue replacing Jamie Tinkler, the band went on to have some success beyond their X Factor appearances with their debut single "Last Goodbye", reaching number 50 on the UK Singles Chart. They had a follow up release with "Can You Feel It?". Avenue disbanded in April 2009. In 2008, while still a member of Avenue, George appeared naked on cover of British gay magazine AXM 's "Naked Issue" in support of cancer research.
George was engaged to actress Michelle Keegan after meeting her at one of The Wanted's concerts, but revealed in April 2012 that the engagement had been broken off. Eventually, the couple admitted in July 2012 that they had split for good. In October 2013, George confirmed in an interview that he was dating Danish underwear model Nina Agdal. They split in February 2014. He has been dating model Amy Willerton since April 2014.
In January 2014, George signed with Creative Artists Agency in Los Angeles to help him break into acting. He also announced that he has been signed by manager Scooter Braun as a solo artist. As of June 2014, George has enrolled himself into an elocution class.
In 2015 Max George landed his first acting role in Sixth Season of the popular television show Glee in the role of Clint, a bully and lead vocalist of Vocal Adrenaline. He also appeared on Bear Grylls: Mission Live On ITV.
Siva Micheal Kaneswaran (Tamil: சிவ மைக்கல் கணேசுவரன்) (born 16 November 1988 ) grew up in Blanchardstown, Dublin with his Sri Lankan Tamil father, Irish mother, twin brother Kumar, and six other siblings. Kaneswaran started modelling at 16 and appeared in various ads and landed a contract with Storm Model Management. Kaneswaran took part in Rock Rivals, televised in eight episodes between 17 March and 23 April 2008. His brother took part as well. Kaneswaran played the role of Carson Coombs and his brother that of Caleb Coombs. The brothers also appeared briefly in one episode of Uncle Max. The episode "Uncle Max Plays Tennis" aired on 11 July 2008. Kaneswaran was spotted through his modelling campaigns and subsequently recruited for the band. He is the younger brother of former Dove member and former Popstars: The Rivals contestant Hazel Kaneswaren.
James Kevin "Jay" McGuiness (born 24 July 1990 ) grew up in Newark, Nottinghamshire. He attended All Saints RC School, Mansfield. He has a twin brother called Thomas  and three other siblings. Jay is a vegetarian, and can play the drums. He discovered The Wanted by Googling 'auditions' and getting 2 results, one for a circus and one for the band.
On 10 September 2014 McGuiness hosted a charity event in New York City, benefitting the UK's Children's Bereavement Centre, put together by Seek Sounds Music, with Ollie Marland and Cassio Monroe also performing.
As of June 2015 he had been in the studio with Shytown Music and had been brushing up on his dancing skills.
On 24 August 2015, McGuiness was the tenth celebrity to be confirmed by BBC to take part in Strictly Come Dancing. He was partnered with professional Aliona Vilani. In the third week of competition, he was awarded a total of 37 points out of 40, the highest week 3 score in the history of the competition, for his jive. He also received the first 10 of the series. In week 6, he danced an American Smooth to "Li'l Red Riding Hood" by Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs and scored 34, putting him in second place by only one point.
Thomas Anthony "Tom" Parker (born Bolton. Parker learned to play the guitar at the age of sixteen after trying out his older brother's. He then went on to audition for The X Factor but did not get past the first round. He went to Manchester Metropolitan University and studied Geography, but dropped out in pursuit of a professional singing career. Parker joined a Take That tribute band known as Take That II and toured Northern England, before joining The Wanted in 2009.4 August 1988 ) is the oldest member of the band. He grew up in
He has been dating his actress girlfriend, Kelsey Hardwick since 2009. Parker is also an avid DJ, and collaborated with Richard Rawson on a track called "Fireflies", which was released in August 2014. In May 2015, Parker was confirmed to take part in the UK Version of Celebrity Masterchef. He was then eliminated during the semi-finals of the competition. Parker has recently been working on his own music and on October 29 he released to his fans "Undiscovered" along with his own website and tour dates.
Nathan James Sykes (born Abbeydale, Gloucester with his mother, who is a music teacher, and younger sister Jessica, and his bestfriend Yuby Chau. He started singing and performing at the age of six and attended the prestigious Sylvia Young Theatre School from the age of 11. After completing his GCSEs and graduating from Sylvia Young, he returned to Gloucester to attend sixth form at the selective Ribston Hall High School; however he did not complete his A-levels due to band commitments.18 April 1993 ) is the youngest member of the group. He grew up in
Sykes frequently performed as a child singer, winning various competitions including "Britney Spears's Karaoke Kriminals" in 2003, in which he got to kiss Britney Spears on live TV as part of his prize, and the Cheltenham Competitive Festival of Dramatic Art, also in 2003. He appeared on ITV's Ministry of Mayhem in 2004, and won the Door Youth Project's "Undiscovered Youth Talent Contest" held in Derker, performing "Mack the Knife". He also performed for the "Live and Unsigned" Music Competition in Bristol in 2008. Sykes attempted to represent UK in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2004 held in Lillehammer, Norway. In the British qualifying finals, he sang "Born to Dance" coming 3rd overall, after winner Cory Spedding and runner-up Andrew Merry.
In April 2013, it was announced that after being on voice rest for almost a month, Sykes would have to undergo specialist throat surgery in Los Angeles, California on his 20th birthday. His exact condition was not reported; however, several tabloids addressed the situation saying Sykes was suffering from a vocal cord hemorrhage. The band announced that they would continue their promotional commitments without Sykes for the time being in order to allow him to recover from the surgery. It was confirmed that Sykes' break would be temporary and he would join the rest of the band later in 2013 when his voice recovered, however, the length of the healing process was unknown.
Sykes made his return in June 2013 when The Wanted opened the Capital FM Summertime Ball, during a performance of 'I Found You'. Following his return to the band, Sykes confirmed that he would be joining the rest of his bandmates for their upcoming summer gigs and events, while also stating that he still has some recovering to do. Speaking with Heart Radio for an interview, Sykes told the audience: "I'm not quite fully recovered yet but it's quite a long process. I'm at the stage where I can sing and get back with the lads, so I'm very excited to be back and I'm working very hard for a change." As part of the recovery process, it has been reported that Sykes still has to undergo speech and vocal therapy in order to sing with his full vocal range without causing any more damage to it.
On 21 June 2014, Sykes appeared solo as a special guest performer at the Capital FM Summertime Ball alongside Jessie J to perform "Calling All Hearts" with DJ Cassidy. This marked his first official solo performance since the band's hiatus and his fifth consecutive year as part of the Summertime Ball lineup. He is currently working on music for his debut solo album. Sykes plans to release his debut single in Spring 2015, with his debut album being released towards the end of the year.
On 5 March 2015, Sykes released a free track named 'More Than You'll Ever Know' as a taster regarding the type of music that is to be expected from his debut album. The video of 'More Than You'll Ever Know' was released on 12 March 2015. On 10 March 2015, Sykes announced to his fans via social media that he would be embarking on a 6 night "intimate" tour of the UK from the 8–15 April.
- "ChicagoPride.com interview with Max George". Retrieved 19 June 2013.
- "The Wanted hit Scotland and release their debut album". STV. Retrieved 3 September 2011.
- "Louis' X-Factor boys make return". metro.co.uk. Retrieved 3 September 2011.
- "Avenue's audition including George to The X Factor in 2006". YouTube. 10 September 2006.
- Nathan, Sara (9 September 2006). "Band is Avenue all on...". The Sun (London). Retrieved 8 December 2008.
- Samson, Pete (7 October 2006). "Exclusive: Avenue axed from X Factor". Daily Mirror. Retrieved 8 December 2008.
- "Avenue boy band kicked off Simon Cowell's British 'The X Factor' show". Reality TW World. 26 September 2006. Retrieved 8 December 2008.
- "Louis Walsh disqualifying Avenue from The X Factor competition".
- "AXM Naked Issue cover featuring Max George of Avenue". Wowwow.me. 12 September 2010.
- "Sombre Michelle Keegan cuts a glum figure as Max George reveals pair have called off their engagement". Daily Mail (London). 11 April 2012.
- "Max George opens up about model girlfriend Nina Agdal: "She lights up the place"". Sugarscape. Retrieved 2014-05-25.
- "The Wanted heart-throb Max George and Amy Willerton cosy up at Neighbourhood – and run into Dizzee Rascal". Manchester Evening News. Retrieved 2014-06-09.
- Bull, Sarah (January 26, 2014). "'It Started to feel like it wasn't The Wanted anymore': Max George on the growing tensions that caused boyband to split.". dailymail.uk. Retrieved June 28, 2014.
- Sheehan, Katie (June 27, 2014). "It The Wanted 's Max George Taking Speech Lessons.". ARTIST DIRECT.
- Industry Music Group Booking Agent. "The Wanted | Industry Music Group - Live Artist Booking Agency / Agent The X Factor & Britain's Got Talent (BGT)". Industry Music Group. Retrieved 21 September 2010.
- "The Wanted: Official Website: The Band: Siva". Thewantedmusic.com. 16 December 1988. Retrieved 21 September 2010.
- IMDb page on Siva Kaneswaran
- Wood, Beci (27 April 2010). "Beci Wood article in ''The Sun'': The Wanted are on the ball". London: Thesun.co.uk.
- "The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran announces his engagement to Nareesha McCaffrey in HELLO! magazine". hellomagazine.com. 2013-12-09. Retrieved 2014-05-25.
- "'I love her... I love every bit of her': The Wanted's Siva Kaneswaran announces engagement to long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaffrey". Daily Mail (London).
- "James McGuiness". thewantedmusic.com. Retrieved 19 June 2011.
- "Notts Most Wanted: Jay McGuiness".
- "Screaming girls greet singer who goes back to school". Newark Advertiser. 23 July 2010. Retrieved 17 June 2013.
- Dawson, Kim (7 December 2010). "The Wanted: Jay McGuiness's brother is a wanted man". Daily Star (London: Northern & Shell). Retrieved 7 December 2010.
- "Former The Wanted star Jay McGuiness confirmed as the tenth celebrity contestant on Strictly Come Dancing". dailymail.co.uk. Daily Mail. 24 August 2015. Retrieved 10 October 2015.
- "The Wanted have a scream at Manchester show".
- "Alastair Campbell in a spin as charity match turns ugly". The Daily Telegraph (London). 5 June 2011.
- "Who are the members of "take that 2"".
- Oct 22, 2013 9:50 AM by Cailyn Cox (2013-10-22). "Tom Parker's engagement proposal is postponed". Sheknows.com. Retrieved 2014-05-25.
- "Celebrity MasterChef 2015: full list of contestants revealed". standard.co.uk. London Evening Standard. 14 May 2015. Retrieved 11 October 2015.
- "The Wanted: Official Website: The Band: Sykes". Thewantedmusic.com. Retrieved 21 September 2010.
- "''Stroud News and Journal'': Nathan Sykes from The Wanted won Stroud talent show". Stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk. 11 August 2010.
- "''This is Oldham'': As a young boy Nathan Sykes would dream of stardom". Thisisgloucestershire.co.uk. 3 May 2011.
- "''This is Oldham'': Oldham teenager aims for the stars with boy band The Wanted". Thisisgloucestershire.co.uk. 19 July 2010.
- "Clock Face singing "Born to Dance" at the British qualifying round to the Junior Eurovision Song Contest". Youtube.com. 31 May 2012.
- Billboard Staff. "The Wanted's Nathan Sykes to Undergo Vocal Surgery". Billboard. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- "The Wanted Open Summertime Ball 2013 With Return Of Nathan Sykes". capitalfm.com. Retrieved 9 June 2013.
- "Chester Rocks 2013 The Wanted". heartnews. Retrieved 16 June 2013.
- "The Wanted's Nathan Sykes undergoes vocal rehab.". Press Party. Retrieved 16 June 2013.