Jay O. Sanders
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013)|
|Jay O. Sanders|
Sanders in 2009
|Born||Jay Olcutt Sanders
April 16, 1953
Austin, Texas, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Maryann Plunkett (1991–present)|
Early life and education
Sanders was born in Austin, Texas on April 16, 1953, to Phyllis Rae (née Aden) and James Olcutt Sanders. After attending the acting conservatory at SUNY Purchase, Sanders made his Off-Broadway debut in a Shakespeare in the Park production of Henry V in 1976.
Sanders has had a long career in film and TV, but is probably most recognized for his work in the blockbuster films The Day After Tomorrow and Green Lantern.  Sanders is also noted for playing Mob lawyer character Steven Kordo in the 1986–88 NBC detective series Crime Story. He is also known as the narrator for the PBS series Wide Angle from 2002–2009 and has served as narrator for a number of Nova episodes starting in 2007. On stage he has appeared on Broadway in Loose Ends, The Caine Mutiny Court-Martial, Saint Joan, and Pygmalion. Off-Broadway, he appeared as George W. Bush in David Hare's Stuff Happens in 2006 and the title role in Shakespeare's Titus Andronicus.
|2014||True Detective||Billy Lee Tuttle|
|2011–2013||Person of Interest||Special Counsel||8 episodes|
|2011||Law & Order: Criminal Intent||Captain Joseph Hannah||8 episodes|
|2011||Green Lantern||Carl Ferris|
|2011||Il Gioiellino||Mr. Rothman|
|2011||The Undying||Dr. Richard Lassiter|
|2010||Edge of Darkness||Det. Whitehouse|
|2008||Revolutionary Road||Bart Pollock|
|2007||Greetings from the Shore||Commodore Callaghan|
|2006||Half Nelson||Russ Dunne|
|Wedding Daze||Police Officer|
|2004||The Day After Tomorrow||Frank Harris|
|2003||D.C. Sniper: 23 Days of Fear||Douglas Duncan||(television film)|
|2002||Law & Order: Criminal Intent||Harry Rowan|
|2001||Along Came a Spider||FBI Agent Kyle Craig|
|1999||Music of the Heart||Dan Paxton|
|Earthly Possessions||Jack Emery||(television film)|
|A.T.F.||Sam Sinclair||(television film)|
|The Jack Bull||Atty. Gen. Metcalfe||(television film)|
|1998||The Odd Couple II||Leroy|
|1997||For Richer or Poorer||Samuel Yoder|
|The Matchmaker||Senator John McGlory|
|Kiss the Girls||FBI Agent Kyle Craig|
|1995||The Big Green||Coach Jay Huffer|
|Kiss of Death||Federal Agent||(uncredited)|
|1994||Angels in the Outfield||Ranch Wilder|
|1993||My Boyfriend's Back||Sheriff McCloud|
|V.I. Warshawski||Murray Ryerson|
|1990||Mr. Destiny||Jackie Earle 'Cement Head' Bumpers|
|1989||Booker||Gordon Rudd||1 episode|
|1989||Glory||Gen. George Crockett Strong|
|1989||Roseanne||Norbert "Ziggy" Walsh||Dan's old high school buddy|
|1988||Tucker: The Man and His Dream||Kirby, Tucker's Attorney|
|1983||Cross Creek||Charles Rawlings|
|Eddie Macon's Run||Rudy Potts|
|Living Proof: The Hank Williams, Jr. Story||Dick Willey||television film|
|1979||Starting Over||Larry (as Jay Sanders)|
- Isherwood, Charles (13 December 2011). "I Wouldn’t Touch That Pie, if I Were You". The New York Times.
- "Jay Sanders Biography". filmreference. 2008. Retrieved 2008-07-06.
- Miller, J. Michael. "J. Michael Miller talks to Maryann Plunkett and Jay O. Sanders". Interview. The Actors Center.
- . Rotten Tomatoes http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/day_after_tomorrow/. Missing or empty
- . Wide Angle Credits http://www.pbs.org/wnet/wideangle/about-the-series/credits/36/. Missing or empty
- "Jay O. Sanders at IBDB". Internet Broadway Database.
- Brantley, Ben (14 April 2006). "David Hare's 'Stuff Happens': All the President's Men in 'On the Road to Baghdad'". The New York Times.
- Jay O. Sanders at the Internet Movie Database
- Jay O. Sanders Audiography
- eBooks and/or Audio Books by Jay O. Sanders