||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
February 10, 1961 |
|Spouse(s)||Elena (1986-present; 3 children)|
Jay Pickett (born February 10, 1961) is an American actor.
Life and career
Pickett was born in Spokane, Washington, and grew up in Caldwell, Idaho. He received his BA degree in acting at Boise State University and his MFA in acting from UCLA and appeared in numerous theatrical productions at both schools.
Pickett's television appearances include the miniseries Rags to Riches, and roles on such series as China Beach, Mr. Belvedere, Dragnet, Jake and The Fatman, Days of Our Lives, Perry Mason and Matlock.
In 1997, Pickett originated the role of Frank Scanlon, a dedicated paramedic and substitute teacher and the complicated older brother of Joe Scanlon, on the ABC Daytime drama Port Charles. In 2006, Pickett substituted for actor Ted King in the role of Lorenzo Alcazar on the soap opera, General Hospital, the parent series of Port Charles. In 2007, Pickett rejoined the cast of General Hospital in the recurring role of "Detective David Harper."
He enjoys most sports, including football, basketball, baseball and skiing. He is also an expert roper and western rider.
Pickett and his wife, Elena, reside in California and have two daughters, Maegan and Michaela, and a son, Tyler.
- Rumpelstiltskin (1996) as Russell Stewart
- Eve of Destruction (1991) as Man in Jeep
- Rush Week (1989) as Parker
- Abandoned (2010) as Detective Franklin
- Soda Springs (2012) as Eden Jackson, as co-writer and producer
- A Matter of Faith (2014) as Stephen Whitaker
- The Perfect Student .... John
- Landslide (2004) (TV) .... Stewart Hancock
- A Perry Mason Mystery: The Case of the Jealous Jokester (1995) (TV)