This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article contains wording that promotes the subject in a subjective manner without imparting real information. (November 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Gaudencio Sillona III
February 1, 1981
Gaudencio Sillona III (born February 1, 1981), known professionally as Jay R, is a Filipino American singer-songwriter, actor, record producer and model. In 2003, he released his debut album, Gameface, under Universal Records. The album was certified Platinum by the Philippine Association of the Record Industry (PARI), receiving numerous awards and earning him the number one single, "Bakit Pa Ba."
Jay R was dubbed as "R&B Prince" in his early career and was often partnered with Kyla (then known as the "R&B Princess"). Collectively known to their fans as "JayLa," they are known in the music industry as the R&B Royalties (R&B King and Queen, respectively). In 2006, he built a recording studio inside his mansion, followed by a recording label called JAYRS Music. He later renamed it as Homeworkz Records. In the same year, he released a Christmas album, Christmas Away from Home, and dedicated it to his late uncle Reny. The album was re-released in 2008, where he donated the proceeds from the sales to GMA Kapuso Foundation. Also in 2008, he released a cover album, Soul in Love, which became his highest-rated and biggest-selling album. He made his big screen debut in the 2004 feature film Happy Together, and later, released his self-titled second album in 2005.
He released an all-Tagalog album early in 2010, Jay R Sings OPM Love Classics, which consists of revivals of Original Pilipino Music love songs. Later, he recorded a Bahasa song, which is slated for release in Indonesia. He is part of TV musical variety show Party Pilipinas on GMA, and hosts the Philippine adaptation of dating game show Take Me Out on the same network.
After more than 10 years of being with GMA Network, he transferred to the rival network, ABS-CBN in 2014. After more than three months, he joined the impersonating competition Your Face Sounds Familiar as his first reality show in the network.
- 1 Early life
- 2 Music career
- 3 Acting career
- 4 Other ventures
- 5 Philanthropy
- 6 Discography
- 7 Filmography
- 8 Awards
- 9 See also
- 10 References
- 11 External links
Gaudencio Aquino Sillona III was born on February 1, 1981, in Los Angeles, California, and raised in Glendale, California. His father, Gaudencio Sillona II, is a pianist, and his mother, Amparo Aquino Sillona, is a singer. He is a grandson of the late Gaudencio Sillona. He is the youngest of four siblings. On his father's side, he has five brothers, saying "Before my parents got together, my father was married to somebody else." As of 2004 he was managed by his aunt, choreographer Geleen Eugenio. He speaks fluent Tagalog. Among his musical influences as a young man were Stevie Wonder, Luther Vandross and Gary Valenciano.
1997–2002: Early works and debut
At the age of sixteen, Sillona already belonged to a group called FI (First Impression). The group consisted of five members namely—Mike Gabriel, Alex Bacani, Jay R Sillona, Jimmy Martinez (who came with him to Manila and is now Jimmy Muna) and Owen Amurao. When Mike, Owen and Alex went their separate ways, he and Martinez continued the group by adding another talented singer named Kris Cadevida (later known as Kris Lawrence). They would do gigs in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Michigan. He was also the lead singer, with his sister Jhing, of another band that was led by his uncle, Robert Sillona, called The Howlers. Later, Jhing collaborated with him in creating hit songs.
Sillona later started performing gigs all around southern California. He also did back-up vocals for major artists, whose albums were released in the United States, Latin America, the Philippines, and other territories. Later, he started co-writing songs with international artists. He collaborated with Ray Brown, Troy Johnson, Jason Edmonds, 3AM, Steve Singer, Gary Brown, The Triangle, Dutch Cousin, Chuck Cymone and many other talented producers.
2003–2005: Gameface and self-titled album
In 2003, Sillona signed a contract under Universal Records label. His first album, entitled Gameface, consists of twelve tracks, containing two original Tagalog songs—"Kaibigan", written by his sister Jhing Sillona, and "Bakit Pa Ba", written by Vehnee Saturno. Most of the other songs on the album are R&B cuts, and were co-written by him. Ten of the tracks were produced by respected American producers Troy Johnson, Ian Boxhill and Bryson Evans. His first single, "Design for Luv", is an R&B, hip-hop single, and had its music video filmed and produced in Hollywood with the help of good friend Ray Brown. Following the first single, he released a Tagalog ballad penned by Vehnee Saturno, entitled "Bakit Pa Ba". It became the biggest hit not only from the album, but also from the artist. In 2004, the album was re-released with two new songs that were later used as singles. The album was well-received both commercially and critically. It was certified Platinum by the Philippine Association of the Record Industry. It was also nominated in numerous categories of major music awards. On the 2004 MTV Pilipinas Music Awards, "Bakit Pa Ba" won Sillona the Favorite Male Artist award, also allowing him to grab the "Best Ballad" title on the Awit Awards of the same year. In April 2004, he accomplished his first ever three-night solo major concert which was entitled Gameface the Concert at the Music Museum, immediately followed by Gameface Reload in September 2004.
After the success of his debut album, Sillona focused on doing a more complex R&B sound. He covered the Billy Joel original "Just the Way You Are" in a whole different arrangement. In addition, he recorded an alternate version of the song, featuring Irish pop singer, Samantha Mumba. Alongside the single, his self-titled album was released. Among the album's collaborators are rappers Young Clipp, Jdimes, and Sillona's best friends, Jimmy Muna and Kris Lawrence. "Ngayo'y Narito", another ballad by Saturno, was released as the album's second official single. The album received positive reviews, with Titik Pilipino stating "I can't find a bad word for Jay R (the artist and the album) because he and his album are good". Despite high ratings, it failed to gather any award it was nominated for. Still, the album managed to reach gold status by the PARI. In 2005, he was part of Footloose: The Musical, together with Iya Villania. In the same year, he appeared on Karylle's album, You Make Me Sing, as a featured artist, songwriter and producer.
2006–2009: Homeworkz Records
In 2006, Sillona built Homeworkz recording studio inside his two-story mansion. Hhe started the label JAYRS Music. In an interview about his recording studio, he explained "It's a necessity for a recording artist [...] It saves a lot of money in the long run and it's very convenient. You can work on the recordings at any time of the day". The studio occupies a large room that was originally one of the bedrooms. Sillona himself was the one who conceptualized the look, which pictures a modern bachelor pad with dark carpeting and sofas, and a bar for small parties. Recording equipment he acquired in the U.S. include a personal computer, a black upright piano and a recording booth. In 2008, he renamed it as Homeworkz Entertainment Services. Homeworkz for short.
In November 2006, he released his first ever Christmas album, Christmas Away from Home. The album consists of classic Christmas songs and two originals, one featuring his sister Jhing entitled "Spread the Love". It, also, was inspired by and dedicated to his late uncle Reny. He stated, "The entire album is actually inspired by him [...] His death triggered something in me, and I knew that a tribute was the best way to thank him and cherish his legacy". Produced by JAYRS Music, it marks his initial attempt at running his own independent record label. He single-handedly produced, arranged, mixed, mastered and attended to all details. The album was re-released in 2008 as Holiday of Love, including six additional Christmas songs, replacing the three instrumentals. Album sales and proceeds were entirely donated to GMA-7's Kapuso Foundation. He stresses the album's title, saying "It's Christmas after all [...] it's only fitting that I practice what I preach. It's all about giving". In 2007, he was featured on Amber's song, "FYI".
Early in 2008, Sillona released another studio album, Soul in Love. It was his second cover album, containing classical R&Bs and jazzes that he grew up listening to. The album has received the highest ratings among Jay R albums, and has even sold impressively, certifying gold in the Philippines without any initial promotion. It has also helped him gain new audience and group of fans. Titik Pilipino gave the album a perfect rating of five out of five stars, saying "As everybody should be well aware of by now, Jay R is a very talented artist". It has also earned Sillona numerous awards and nominations on awarding events. On the 2008 Philippine Hip-Hop Awards, he won the R&B Artist of the Year award for the first time. It also gave him a Best Male Soul/R&B Artist nomination on the first ever Wave 89.1 Urban Music Awards in 2009. On July 10, 2008, he went to Japan to further increase in sales and popularity. Later, the album turned Platinum in the Philippines. From 2008 to 2009, he appeared on Iya Villania, Kris Aquino, Kris Lawrence, Billy Crawford albums.
2010–2012: Jay R Sings OPM Love Classics and International exposure
On January 5, 2010, Sillona released his first ever all-Tagalog album, Jay R Sings OPM Love Classics, still by Universal Records. It consists of thirteen Tagalog songs, which were originally recorded by popular OPM acts in the 80's and 90's, handpicked by the singer himself. He personally love the songs that he chose, but admitted the challenges of remaking the materials, having said that they already have identities marked in them. On a song in the album, entitled "Muli", he collaborated with "Asia's Soul Siren" Nina. The album was critically successful. Inquirer Entertainment praised Sillona's outstanding vocal performance, stating "The singer (Jay R) is gifted with a voice suited for classy, urban R&B and he practically breezes through most of the ballads". In summer 2010, he participated on another compilation by Kris Aquino, Blessings of Love, singing a cover version of "Dance with My Father".
On September 2, 2010, Sillona went to Jakarta, Indonesia, to sign a three-year contract with Tarra Group Indonesia, and to record an original song in Bahasa. It also included the launching of his album Soul in Love in the country. He did some TV guestings, and also finished shooting a music video, slated for release in the country. He collaborated with Indonesian pop singer Drimi on the song "Kau Dan Aku", which will be released as his first Bahasa single. He also co-wrote and co-produced the song "Beauty Queen" for his girlfriend Krista Arrieta Kleiner (Miss Philippines), which received an award for Miss Expressive, after she performed the song live at the Miss International 2010 held in China.
2014: Elevated album 
The King of R&B released his Elevated album in 2014. This was a statement album because it was launched under his own label Homeworkz. Tonight featuring Mica Javier was an instant smash and rose to the top of the radio charts at No. 1. The song was also received best R&B song of the year from Wave 89.1 FM and 93.1 Monster FM. All the singles from the album also have music videos available on the Homeworkzmusic Youtube Channel . Please make sure to subscribe. Singles from Elevated album : Falling For You featuring Marié Digby, Tonight featuring Mica Javier, Parachute, You're The One featuring Kris Lawrence & AJ Rafael, You Are Not Alone featuring Kyla, Follow Me featuring DJ Riddler, Already Mine. The song L-O-V-E written and produced by Jay R's good friend Marcus Davis was part of Hollywood movie Bounce Back. Starring Shemar Moore, Nadine Velasquez, Bill Bellamy and more. The album was a sweet victory for label owner Jay R because it reached Gold status and was awarded by PARI (Philippine Association of the Recording Industry) on ABS-CBN TV show ASAP channel 2.
2018 - current: Kamusta Ka album 
Jay R has always been the innovative type. That is why in 2018 he launched a new music technology that the Philippines have never seen before. He dubbed it the "Artist Digi Pack". The Artist Digi Pack comes with the Kamusta Ka album of 9 songs, 4 videos, picture gallery of album photoshoot, earphones, 2gb MP3 player and a to charge and access the exclusive files. He is now currently promoting the singles on TV shows, radio, podcasts and live shows. in late 2017 Homeworkz launched a teaser single entitled Kabilang Dako written by Thyro and Jay R. It was an instant hit and won R&B song of the year on Wave 89.1 FM and Wish FM Awards. When 2018 struck he then started to release music videos for songs Kamusta Ka and Kabilang Dako which was shot in beautiful New Zealand. Jay R then released a song with his Soul Brothers Kris Lawrence and Billy Crawford called Habang Buhay. Within the music video he surprised his girlfriend of 5 years Mica Javier by proposing to her while shooting. She was happily surprised and said yes.
In 2004, Sillona appeared in a recurring role on GMA-7's drama series Narito Ang Puso Ko. It was immediately followed with a main role on an episode of Love to Love entitled "Duet for Love", where he was teamed up with Toni Gonzaga. He played the role of Marvin, an Amboy who went on vacation to a beach resort and met a girl named Tammy, on which he shares the same things in common like singing. In December 2004, he made his film debut on Regal Films' entry for the year's Metro Manila Film Festival, So Happy Together. He portrayed the minor role of Brent, a young man who later became Kris Aquino's love interest in the movie. In summer 2005, he was cast on another episode of Love to Love, entitled "Haunted Lovehouse". He played Bogart, a guy who inherited his grandfather's land. Unfortunately, Nadia (Chynna Ortaleza) built a house on his land, forcing them to share the house together. He later starred on a feature film, Hari ng Sablay, which was released on November 30, 2005. Before the year ended, he played the antagonist role of Haring Bagulbol on Exodus: Tales from the Enchanted Kingdom. The film was Regal's entry for 2005 Metro Manila Film Festival. It was critically acclaimed, earning ten awards and numerous nominations. In addition, the film was praised due to its impressive use of visual effects.
In 2006, Sillona played a recurring role on Encantadia: Pag-ibig Hanggang Wakas. He portrayed Azulan, a strong and gorgeous leader of the Bahaghari, who fancies Sangg're Amihan (Iza Calzado). On January 1, 2008, he starred on another Metro Manila Film Festival entry entitled Desperadas. He played the sexy role of Vito, an underwear model who works for Courtney (Marian Rivera), and likes Isabella (Ruffa Gutierrez), but cannot get her to commit. In October of the same year, he portrayed Pato, a recurring role in the Filipino adaptation of LaLola. Before 2008 ended, Desperadas was immediately followed by its sequel, rushed as Regal's entry on the 2008 Metro Manila Film Festival. Sillona reprised his role, Vito, for the film, where it was reported that Gutierrez did not approve on having a kissing scene with him. In 2009, he played Vince, a lead role on Dear Friend's episode, "The Three Bachelors" starring opposite longtime music partner Kyla.
Sillona has admitted himself as a business-minded person, saying that unlike show business, he wanted something stable and something that's working already. In 2007, he built a recording studio in his house called JAYRS Music, which was later renamed as Homeworkz Studio. With a studio, he had to follow it with a recording label, and so he did. It was named as Homeworkz Records. Under the label, he self-handedly writes and produces songs, and has recorded three of his albums—Christmas Away from Home, Soul in Love and Jay R Sings OPM Love Classics. In 2008, the song "Kayan Natin Ito", a tribute for the victims of the 2009 Typhoon Ondoy, was recorded in his Homeworkz Studio, together with various OPM artists. Under Homeworkz Records, he is managing an alternative band called Kley, wherein the lead singer is his very talented and beautiful niece DeeJay.
In February 2007, Sillona launched a club at Glorietta, called Rock Candy. However, it blasted as it was part of the 2007 Glorietta Explosion in October 2007. He lost millions of his investments, stating "I never recovered my capital as it happened at a time when the club was already picking up". After the disaster, he decided to just focus and invest on a Ministop outlet that he bought at Wilson Street in Greenhills Shopping Center, instead of reconstructing his club. He stated in an interview that Katya Santos was the one who recommended him to go into this kind of business. He also had ideas of owning a Burger Machine branch, but as he inquired, he knew that the business has no franchise. He expressed interest in having a branch of Mang Inasal, but has not pursued it yet, since it requires ₱7 million for the area, and twenty-eight persons for manpower. He also stated that he wants to have his own water station, and not a franchise.
Sillona has done commercials and theme songs for products like Sun Cellular, Tropicana, and Colgate. He is also a commercial model for Bench Body, Techno Marine, Unisilver, Adidas, Skechers and Calayan Surgicenter.
In 2008, Sillona re-released his 2006 Christmas album, Christmas Away from Home into Holiday of Love, under his own label called Homeworkz Records. Sales of the album were donated to GMA-7's Kapuso Foundation. In 2009, he was part of the recording for the song, "Kaya Natin Ito", a tribute to the victims of the Typhoon Ondoy. The song was recorded in his Homeworkz studio. All proceeds from the single's sales went towards Philippine Red Cross and Gawad Kalinga. On June 30, 2010, he performed with Kyla, Nina and Jed Madela on the victory street party of Philippine President Benigno Aquino III, after the president's inauguration.
- Gameface (2003)
- Jay R (2005)
- Christmas Away from Home (2006)
- Soul in Love (2008)
- Jay R Sings OPM Love Classics (2010)
- Elevated (2014)
- Kamusta Ka (2018)
|2005||Hari ng Sablay||Adonis|
|Exodus: Tales from the Enchanted Kingdom||Haring Bagulbol|
|2015||Beauty and the Bestie||Himself|
|2004||MYX shows||myx||Celebrity VJ (March 2004, December 2005, April 2010)|
|Narito Ang Puso Ko||Recurring role||GMA Network|
|Love to Love||Marvin||Episode "Duet for Love"|
|2005||Bogart||Episode "Haunted Lovehouse"|
|2006||Encantadia: Pag-ibig Hanggang Wakas||Azulan||Recurring Role|
|2008||LaLola||Pato||Recurring role (2008/2009)|
|2009||Dear Friend||Vince Gonzales||Episode "The Three Bachelors"|
|Take Me Out||Host|
|Channel V Philippines shows||Channel V Philippines||V.I.P. Artist (May 2010)|
|2011||Magic Palayok||Nico||GMA Network||Recurring role|
|Time Of My Life||Michael||Guest|
|2013||Sunday All Stars||Himself||2013/2015|
|2015||It's Showtime||ABS-CBN||Guest Hurado|
|2015–present||ASAP||Himself Performer||1st Regular Show On ABS-CBN|
|2015||Your Face Sounds Familiar 1||Himself, Contestant-Performer||3rd placer|
|It's Showtime||Himself||Guest Hurado / Contestant on "Ansabe?"/ Guest Performer|
|2016||We Love OPM||Mentor||Team Hot Spots|
|2004||Aliw Awards||Most Promising Male Entertainer||Jay R (himself)||Won|||
|Awit Awards||Song of the Year||"Bakit Pa Ba"||Nominated|||
|Music Video of the Year||Nominated|||
|MTV Pilipinas Music Awards||Favorite Male Video||Won|||
|Favorite New Artist in a Video||Nominated|||
|2005||Aliw Awards||Best Male Major Concert||Gameface Reload||Nominated|||
|Philippine Hip-Hop Music Awards||Male R&B Artist of the Year||Jay R (himself)||Nominated|||
|R&B Video of the Year||"Bakit Pa Ba"||Nominated|||
|2006||Awit Awards||Best Performance by a Duet||"Say That You Love Me"
(Jay R and Kyla)
|Best R&B||"You Make Me Sing"
(Karylle; co-produced by Jay R)
|Myx Music Awards||Favorite Male Artist||Jay R (himself)||Nominated|
|Favorite Collaboration||"Say That You Love Me"
(Jay R and Kyla)
|Favorite Urban Video||"Just the Way You Are"||Nominated|
|2007||Philippine Hip-Hop Music Awards||R&B Artist of the Year||Jay R (himself)||Nominated|||
|2008||ASAP 24K Awards||24K Award for Certifying Gold||Soul in Love||Won|
|Philippine Hip-Hop Music Awards||R&B Artist of the Year||Jay R (himself)||Won|||
|2009||ASAP Platinum Circle Awards||Platinum Circle Award for Certifying Platinum||Soul in Love||Won|
|Awit Awards||Best Performance by a Duet||"Back in Time"
(Kyla and Jay R)
|PMPC Star Awards for Music||R&B Album of the Year||Soul in Love||Nominated|||
|R&B Artist of the Year||Jay R (himself)||Nominated|||
|RX 93.1||OPM Song of the Year||"Back in Time"
(Kyla and Jay R)
|Wave 89.1 Urban Music Awards||Best Male Soul/R&B Artist||Jay R (himself)||Nominated|||
|Best Remake||"Tattooed on My Mind"
|Best Collaboration||"Back in Time"
(Kyla and Jay R)
|Male Style Icon Award||Jay R (himself)||Nominated|||
|2010||Myx Music Awards||Favorite Song||"Back in Time"
(Kyla and Jay R)
|PMPC Star Awards for Music||R&B Artist of the Year||Jay R (himself)||Won|||
|Wave 89.1 Urban Music Awards||Best Male Soul/R&B Artist||Nominated|||
|Male Style Icon Award||Nominated|||
|2011||Awit Awards||Best Collaboration||"Muli"
(Jay R and Nina)
|Album of the Year||Jay R Sings OPM Love Classics||Nominated|||
|Myx Music Awards||Favorite Remake||"Himala"||Nominated|
- Ricky Lo (April 11, 2004) "Jay R: The Heart of The Hunk", The Philippine Star
- Bong Godinez (April 26, 2010) "Jay-R's Take Me Out debuts today, April 26", Philippine Entertainment Portal
- "Jay R's Titik Pilipino summarized biography and early career Archived 2010-01-31 at the Wayback Machine.". titikpilipino.com Retrieved February 8, 2010
- "Gameface tracks and info, it went Platinum". CDBaby.com Retrieved August 29, 2010
- "Jay R's first major concert at the Music Museum entitled Gameface the Concert Archived 2011-06-08 at the Wayback Machine.". Manila Bulletin Retrieved September 3, 2010
- Antonette R. Valdez, Showbiz, "I won’t run away from my responsibility — Jay-R", Manila Bulletin, March 19, 2006
- "Jay R album review on titik pilipino". titikpilipino.com Retrieved 2010-009-03
- Michael Ancheta (June 4, 2007) "Footloose musical in 2005 headlined by Jay R and Iya", Philippine Entertainment Portal
- STAGES, News, "Footloose the Musical", Titik Pilipino, August 28, 2005
- Ryan Mark (August 14, 2005) "Bag-ong album ni Karylle 'materiales fuertes'", The Philippine Star
- Dennis Ladaw, Homeworkz Records, House Music Archived July 25, 2010, at the Wayback Machine., Manila Bulletin, January 26, 2010
- ALV Talents Circuit Inc., Christmas Away from Home, Jay R Releases Christmas Album Archived January 31, 2010, at the Wayback Machine., Titik Pilipino, November 28, 2006
- Crispina Martinez-Belen, Holiday of Love, Jay R donates album sales to Kapuso Foundation Archived November 26, 2010, at the Wayback Machine., Manila Bulletin November 24, 2008
- Nerisa Almo (July 9, 2008) "Jay R denies rumors about jumping to the other network", Philippine Entertainment Portal
- Lorelie Dino, Album review "Soul in Love – Jay R", Titik Pilipino Retrieved September 3, 2010
- "List of Philippine Hip-Hop Awards 2008 winners Archived 2011-05-10 at the Wayback Machine.". Titik Pilipino Retrieved September 3, 2010
- "List of Wave 89.1 Urban Music Awards 2009 nominees and winners Archived 2009-11-19 at the Wayback Machine.". Wave 89.1 Retrieved August 3, 2010
- Jocelyn Dimaculangan (October 30, 2008) "Jay R does a duet with Iya for 'Always'", Philippine Entertainment Portal
- "Jay R covers Boyz II Men for Kris Aquino", Philippine Entertainment Portal. September 28, 2008
- Ricky Calderon (June 23, 2009) "Jay R contributes on Kris Lawrence album", Philippine Entertainment Portal
- "Jay R Sings OPM Love Classics on Pep". Philippine Entertainment Portal
- Pocholo Concepcion, Album Reviews, "Bayang Barrios’ ‘Biyaya’ bound to become a folk classic", Philippine Daily Inquirer, March 22, 2010
- Bong Godinez (May 25, 2010) "Jay R records for Kris Aquino's 2010 compilation", Philippine Entertainment Portal
- Mell T. Navarro, News, Philippine Entertainment Portal, September 5, 2010
- Neil Ramos (October 21, 2010). "Krista Kleiner Off to China for Ms. International Pageant". Manila Bulletin. Archived from the original on October 26, 2010. Retrieved April 23, 2011.
- "Plot of Love to Love episode 'Duet for Love'". Internet Movie Database Retrieved September 4, 2010
- "A cast of winners in ‘Happy Together’". Manila Bulletin Retrieved September 4, 2010
- "Cast and roles on Happy Together". Manila Bulletin Retrieved September 4, 2010
- "Plot of Love to Love episode 'Haunted Lovehouse'". Internet Movie Database Retrieved September 4, 2010
- Walden Sadiri, Showbiz, "[Jay R Stars on Hari ng Sablay]", Manila Bulletin Retrieved September 4, 2010
- "‘Exodus,’ Reality Entertainment’s initial foray into the movies". Manila Bulletin Retrieved September 4, 2010
- "List of awards received by Exodus". Internet movie Database Retrieved September 4, 2010
- Ryan Mark (July 22, 2007) "Sexy Jay-R sa Desperadas", The Philippine Star
- "Jay R inaayawan ni Ruffa na maka-kissing scene". The Philippine Star Retrieved September 4, 2010
- "Jay R's businesses". Philippine Entertainment Portal
- "Jay R manages his niece's alternative band". telebisyon.net Retrieved February 12, 2010
- "Jay R's reactions to the blasting of his club, Rock Candy". mirrorwildthoughts.blogspot.com Retrieved February 12, 2010
- "Jay R's businesses interests". Philippine Entertainment Portal
- "Iya, Jay-R renew Sun Cellular contract". The Philippine Star Retrieved September 3, 2010
- "Shaina, Jay-R – two of today’s sought-after product endorsers". Manila Bulletin Retrieved September 3, 2010
- "Jay R represents Bench Body on Fashion Week". The Philippine Star Retrieved September 3, 2010
- Rommel Gonzales (June 21, 2007) "Jay-R enjoys bachelorhood but remains loyal to his girlfriend", Philippine Entertainment Portal
- "Jay R as brand ambassador of Addidas". Philippine Entertainment Portal
- "Jay R endorses for Dr. Manny Calayan". Philippine Entertainment Portal
- "Holiday of Love sales donated to Kapuso Foundation". philstar.com Retrieved February 12, 2010
- "Sales from Holiday of Love album were donated to Kapuso Foundation Archived 2010-11-26 at the Wayback Machine.". mb.com.ph Retrieved February 12, 2010
- Jocelyn Dimaculangan, Entertainment Guide/Music, "OPM artists aim to uplift the spirit of typhoon victims", PEP (Philippine Entertainment Portal), November 20, 2009
- Mark Angelo Ching (July 1, 2010) "President Noynoy Aquino sings two songs in victory concert party", Philippine Entertainment Portal
- "Aliw Awards 2004 winners list". sarahg.com/forum Retrieved January 18, 2010
- "Awit Awards 2004 nominees list Archived 2012-03-07 at the Wayback Machine.". titikpilipino.com Retrieved February 18, 2010
- "Awit Awards 2004 winners list with Jay R grabbing the Best R&B award". titikpilipino.com Retrieved February 18, 2010
- "MTV Pilipinas Awards winners for Fave Male Artist category". wiki.org Retrieved January 18, 2010
- "MTV Pilipinas Awards nominees for 2004 Archived 2010-01-31 at the Wayback Machine.". titikpilipino.com Retrieved February 8, 2010
- "Aliw Awards 2005 nominees list". garryokecruz.wordpress.com Retrieved February 18, 2010
- "List of Philippine Hip-Hop Awards 2005 winners and nominees Archived 2012-03-07 at the Wayback Machine.". Titik Pilipino Retrieved September 2, 2010
- "Awit Awards 2006 nominees list Archived 2011-07-15 at the Wayback Machine.". titikpilipino.com Retrieved February 18, 2010
- "Phil Hip-Hop Awards 2007 R&B Artist of the Year Award goes to Soul Siren Nina". NSS.com/awards Retrieved February 18, 2010
- "Phil Hip-Hop Awards 2008 winners list Archived 2011-05-10 at the Wayback Machine.". titikpilipino.com Retrieved February 18, 2010
- "Awit Awards 2009 nominees list". Retrieved February 18, 2010
- "1st Star Awards for Music to be held at the Skydome, SM North". pep.ph. October 13, 2009. Retrieved April 30, 2011.
- "RX 93.1 Year End Countdown winners". stir.phretrieved January 31, 2010
- "List of current Urban Music Awards Wave 89.1 nominees Archived 2009-11-19 at the Wayback Machine.". wave891.fm Retrieved January 31, 2010
- "Big winners of the 1st Urban Music Awards". stir.phretrieved January 31, 2010
- William Reyes (October 11, 2010). "Sarah Geronimo, Christian Bautista and Erik Santos win top honors at the 2nd Star Awards for Music". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved November 3, 2010.
- "Wave 89.9 2nd Urban Music Awards". iamgab.me. Archived from the original on April 8, 2011. Retrieved April 22, 2011.
- "Awit Awards 2011 current winners list Archived 2012-03-31 at the Wayback Machine." retrieved July 24, 2011.