July 16, 1985|
Olds, Alberta, Canada
|Height||6 ft 3 in (191 cm)|
|Weight||220 lb (100 kg; 15 st 10 lb)|
Toronto Maple Leafs|
227th overall, 2003|
Tampa Bay Lightning
Jay Rosehill (born July 16, 1985) is a former Canadian professional ice hockey left winger who played for the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Philadelphia Flyers of the National Hockey League (NHL), and the Manchester Storm of the Elite Ice Hockey League (EIHL). Rosehill was mostly known as an enforcer in hockey. He was selected by the Tampa Bay Lightning in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft.
Jay Rosehill was selected in the seventh round of the 2003 NHL Entry Draft (227th overall) by the Tampa Bay Lightning. He continued to play for the Olds Grizzlys of the AJHL in the 2003-04 season. The next season, he played for University of Minnesota Duluth of the Western Collegiate Hockey Association. For most of the next four seasons, he was placed in the Tampa Bay Lightning farm system, playing for both Johnstown Chiefs of the ECHL and the Springfield Falcons of the American Hockey League in 2005-06 and 2006-07. Due to new Tampa Bay farm system affiliations, he played for Mississippi Sea Wolves of the ECHL and the Norfolk Admirals of the American Hockey League in 2007-08 & 2008-09. On March 10, 2009, he was traded to the Toronto Maple Leafs organization for future considerations.
After joining the Norfolk Admirals on a try-out during the 2012–13 season, Rosehill was signed by NHL affiliate, the Anaheim Ducks, on a one-year contract on January 16, 2013. Rosehill was traded on April 1, 2013 to the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for forward Harry Zolnierczyk. Two weeks later Rosehill signed a two-year contract extension with the Flyers worth $1.35 million. The Flyers waived Rosehill at the beginning of the 2014–15 season. After he cleared waivers, the Flyers sent him to the Lehigh Valley Phantoms where he spent the entire season. An unrestricted free agent following the season, Rosehill signed a one-year AHL contract with Lehigh Valley.
In the summer of 2016, Rosehill moved to the UK's EIHL, signing for Braehead Clan. After one season with Braehead, Rosehill remained in the UK Elite League to follow Ryan Finnerty to Manchester Storm in May 2017.
|2004–05||U. of Minnesota-Duluth||NCAA||34||0||5||5||103||—||—||—||—||—|
|2007–08||Mississippi Sea Wolves||ECHL||2||0||0||0||6||—||—||—||—||—|
|2009–10||Toronto Maple Leafs||NHL||15||1||1||2||67||—||—||—||—||—|
|2010–11||Toronto Maple Leafs||NHL||26||1||2||3||71||—||—||—||—||—|
|2011–12||Toronto Maple Leafs||NHL||31||0||0||0||60||—||—||—||—||—|
|2014–15||Lehigh Valley Phantoms||AHL||65||5||7||12||219||—||—||—||—||—|
|2015–16||Lehigh Valley Phantoms||AHL||23||1||2||3||33||—||—||—||—||—|
- "Rosehill joins Finnerty at Storm". Elite Ice Hockey League. 2017-05-17. Retrieved 2017-05-17.
- "Jay Rosehill player profile". American Hockey League. 2012-01-02. Retrieved 2012-01-02.
- "Jay Rosehill transactions". The Hockey News. 2012-01-02. Retrieved 2012-01-02.
- "Ducks sign Bodie, Parent and Rosehill to one-year deals". Anaheim Ducks. 2013-01-16. Retrieved 2013-01-16.
- Anthony SanFilippo (April 1, 2013). "Harry Z traded for Rosehill". Philadelphia Flyers. Retrieved April 1, 2013.
- Tim Panaccio (April 17, 2013). "Flyers give Rinaldo, Rosehill two-year extensions". CSNPhilly.com. Retrieved April 17, 2013.
- "Jay Rosehill Signed to AHL Contract for 2015-2016". Lehigh Valley Phantoms. August 31, 2015. Retrieved August 31, 2015.
- "Former NHL'er Rosehill signs for Clan". Braehead Clan. 2016-08-12. Retrieved 2016-08-12.
- "Rosehill joins the Storm". Manchester Storm. 2017-05-17. Retrieved 2017-05-17.