Jay Ryan (artist)
Working in Skokie, Illinois, Ryan produces limited run, hand-printed posters for rock bands and concerts, and for events such as art shows. Most of his work is screen printed at his print shop, The Bird Machine. He has produced posters for the bands Shellac and the Flaming Lips, as well as thousands of others; he is also responsible for the album art and track illustrations of Andrew Bird's The Mysterious Production of Eggs and Weather Systems
In 2005 he published a book called 100 Posters, 134 Squirrels: A Decade of Hot Dogs, Large Mammals, and Independent Rock: The Handcrafted Art of Jay Ryan. He also provided the cover art for Michael Chabon's 2004 novel The Final Solution and publicity art for Chicago's 57th Street Art Fair.
Jay Ryan attended New Trier High School in Winnetka, IL.
- Anders Smith Lindall, "Off the Wall: Jay Ryan's Whimsical Illustrations Put a Face on the Chicago Rock Scene", Chicago Sun-Times, Tuesday, December 20, 2005, p. 49
- Jay Ryan, 100 Posters, 134 Squirrels: A Decade of Hot Dogs, Large Mammals, and Independent Rock: The Handcrafted Art of Jay Ryan, Akashic Books, Chicago, Illinois 2005 ISBN 9781888451931
- Galleries at The Bird Machine
- Exhibition at the richard goodall gallery
- Review of 100 Posters, 134 Squirrels at PopMatters.com
- Galleries and Sale at the ICO O'Hare Hotel
- documentary film featuring Jay Ryan
|This article about an artist from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a United States bass guitarist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|