|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (February 2009)|
|Father Jay Samonie|
April 27, 1930|
|Died||July 15, 2010
Garden City, Michigan
|Education||University of Detroit, M.A.|
|Occupation||Archdiocese of Detroit|
|Parent(s)||Jacob and Mary Samonie|
|Website||Film Documentary Website|
Rev. Jay Samonie, Ph. D. (April 27, 1930 – July 15, 2010) was a Detroit area priest, author, artist and pianist who wrote about his mystical spiritual experiences, including communication with his spirit guide Jesus, and out of body experiences.
He was a self-taught painter and pianist. A movie, Light: The story of Father Jay Samonie. has been made documenting his life. He spoke English, German, Spanish and Italian.
Of Lebanese descent, Long family line of Priests and Bishops (maiden = Fadool) (Assemani, Lebanese)
Father hourly worker at Cadillac Motors for 25 years, then purchased and ran 2 grocery stores 10 of 11 children
Our Lady of Sorrows Elementary School in Detroit, Michigan 1944 Started studying to be a Priest (age 14) Ordained in 1956 Master's Degree From University of Detroit in 1971 He Learned Spanish while a summer job during seminar working with Mexican migrant workers near Bay City, Michigan Father Died 1955 (67) / His mother died 1958, at the age of 62, just before he was Ordained.
- Appointed to the Michigan's Judicial Tenure Committee by Michigan Governor James Blanchard
- Appointed the Assignment Board for the Archdiocese of Detroit during the mid-1970s
- On Ascension Thursday, May 26, 1937, Samonie was 7 years old and his family lived across the street from Mt. Elliott Cemetery. In the morning, along with three siblings, he saw a vision lasting one hour over the cemetery. They "saw thousands, perhaps millions of oval-shaped objects going up to the sky, and others going down into the earth ... Behind the objects in the sky, the vision also included three huge objects: A most beautiful lady dressed in blue and white ... a man with a beard. He was holding a child in the palm of his hand ... and a massive cross."
- While on a tour of the Mexican pyramids of Teotihuacan, he writes he had his first out-of-body experience, where he experienced being a Mayan architect during the building of the pyramid.
- During one of his visions, he was admitted into the Great White Brotherhood
Published non-fiction works
- On My Way Home (1998)ISBN 1-57502-788-7
- Reflections On My Way Home (1999) ISBN 0-7392-0486-6
- The Holy Spirit: Our Divine Companion Guiding Us On Our Way Home (2006) ISBN 978-0-9752636-1-7
- My Greatest Joys On My Way Home (2004) ISBN 978-0-9752636-0-0
- Rite of Passage: Describing the Spiritual Rites of Passage of Rev. Jay J. Samonie (2006) ISBN 978-0-9752636-2-4
- Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
- Thomas Merton
- A Course in Miracles
- Raymond Moody
- Edgar Cayce
- Al McBride
- "SAMONIE, REV. JACOB "FR. JAY"". Michigan.com. Retrieved 12 June 2015.