||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Aksyon candidate for
Vice-President of the Philippines
May 10, 2010
|Born||Jose Yumang Sonza
September 20, 1955
Macabebe, Pampanga, Philippines
|Spouse(s)||Ma. Thelma Hernandez|
Jay Sonza (born Jose Yumang Sonza on September 20, 1955 in Macabebe, Pampanga, Philippines) is a veteran newscaster and talk show host. He is currently the station manager of the terrestrial television station UNTV 37, which is owned by his former co-host, Daniel Razon.
- Get it Straight (2008–2010) (UNTV)
- Ito Ang Balita (2007–2010) (UNTV)
- Pilipinas, Gising Ka Na Ba? (2005–2007) (UNTV)
- Mel & Jay (1988–1996) (ABS-CBN)
- Balitang Balita (2000-2001) (ABC)
- Saksi (1998–1999) (GMA Network)
- Partners Mel and Jay (1996–2004) (GMA Network)
- Tapatan with Jay Sonza Radio Edition (1995–1999) (DZBB Bisig Bayan 594)
- Tapatan with Jay Sonza (1995–1998; 2000–2001; 2004–2005) (GMA Network/RPN/UNTV)
- Pulis, Pulis Kung Umaksiyon, Mabilis (1993–1995) (DZMM 630: Ang Himpilan ng Malayang Mamamayan)
- Mel & Jay sa DZMM (1988–1996) (DZMM 630: Ang Himpilan ng Malayang Mamamayan)
- Dear Deejay Jay (1981–1985) (DZMB 90.7)
In 2004, Jay filed his candidacy for Philippine Senator under the Aksyon Demokratiko political party of Education secretary Raul Roco. He lost in the said elections but became the head of UNTV 37 the year after his electoral loss.
In 2007, he was one of the nominees of BATAS party-list. In 2010, he filed his candidacy for the Vice President position for the 2010 elections. He run under the Kilusang Bagong Lipunan but lost to Makati City Mayor Jejomar Binay of PDP-Laban and later, the United Nationalist Alliance.
- "AnakTV bares temporary changes in leadership". Showbizandstyle.inquirer.net. 2009-09-19. Archived from the original on 2009-09-27. Retrieved 2010-12-06.
- "Ex-broadcasters’ lament: Why ‘unfair’ coverage of Bangon Pilipinas? - Nation - GMANews.TV - Official Website of GMA News and Public Affairs - Latest Philippine News". GMANews.TV. Retrieved 2010-12-06.