Jay Vasavada at Gujarat Vishwakosh Trust in 2018
|Parent(s)||Jayshree, Lalit Vasavada|
Jay Vasavada is Gujarati language writer, orator and columnist from India. Born in Bhavnagar and brought up in Gondal, Gujarat, he writes columns in various publications since 1996. He has published several books compiling his columns.
Jay Vasavada was born on 6 October 1973 in Bhavnagar, Gujarat, India. His father Lalit Vasavada was a lecturer of Gujarati language, and his mother Jayshree Vasavada was a metron at Adhyapan Mandir, Junagadh. His mother left job after his birth and become full-time housewife and his teacher. He completed his primary education studying at home. He completed his secondary education from Vidhya Mandir School, Gondal. He joined Swaminarayan Gurukul for higher secondary education in science. He failed in 12th grade board examinations. He later enrolled in commerce education. He passed higher secondary and graduated with specialization in management.
He served as a lecturer of marketing for three years in Commerce College affiliated with Saurashtra University. He later served as principal-in-charge. He frequently lectures at Academic Staff College, Saurashtra University.
His writing career started with articles published in newspaper in Rajkot. He later joined Gujarat Samachar as columnist in 1996 which publishes his two weekly columns, Anavrutta and Spectrometre. He writes column Rangat Sangat in Gujarati weekly Abhiyaan since 2008. He previously wrote daily column in Mumbai edition of Mid-day. He wrote for Anokhee, Aarpaar and Gujarat monthlies. He regularly delivers lectures across Gujarat on different subjects.
He hosted Gujarati celebrity talk show Samvaad on ETV Gujarati for 225 episodes. He served as writer and anchor of cultural TV series Aaswaad on DD Girnar. He frequently delivers speeches on All India Radio. He had scripted and presented weekend radio show Cinema Sizzlers on BIG FM 92.7 Rajkot. In 2008, he participated and reached state level final in Lead India contest. He also participated and won first round of Sahara TV’s national cinema quiz show Bollywood Ka Boss hosted by Boman Irani. He performed cameo in Gujarati film Bey Yaar (2014).
He published several books compiling his columns in collections; Yuvahava, Mahiti Ane Manoranjan, Sahitya Ane Cinema, Aah Hindustan Oh Hindustan, Spectrometre (2001), Life@Kite, Anavrutta (2008), Science Samandar, Knowledge Nagariya, G.K. Jungle, JSK - Jai Shri Krishna, Preet Kiye Sukh Hoy (2010), Jai Ho (2012), Vacation Station (2015), Mummy Pappa (2016).
- Dave, Parag (27 February 2004). "એક વર્ષમાં લઘુ નવલ લખવાની ઇચ્છા છેઃ જય વસાવડા". Forget...If U Can!!! (in Gujarati). Retrieved 24 June 2015.
- "Opinion Online Gujarati Thoughts Journal". Opinion Online Gujarati Thoughts Journal (in Gujarati). Retrieved 24 June 2015.
- "Pen power". Google Books. 28 May 2015. Retrieved 24 June 2015.
- DeshGujarat (4 April 2012). "Jay Vasavada, Sharad Thakar: Speeches at Asmita Parva(Videos)". DeshGujarat. Retrieved 24 June 2015.
- "કૃષ્ણ કે અર્જુને બ્રહ્મચર્યની માત્ર વાતો કરી છે, પાળ્યુ નથી : જય વસાવડા". Akilanews.com (in Gujarati). 24 June 2015. Retrieved 24 June 2015.
- "જય વસાવડા,ભાગ્યેશ જ્હા,શાહબુદ્દીન રાઠોડ,યોગેશ ગઠવીએ કૃષ્ણ વિશે એવું તો કેવું બોલ્યા કે હજારો લોકોની જન્માષ્ટમી યાદગાર બની,વાંચો". NEWS OF GUJARAT (in Gujarati). 19 August 2014. Retrieved 24 June 2015.
- "સકારાત્મક પરિણામ માટે મતદાન કરવું જય વસાવડા". globalgujaratnews.com (in Gujarati). 30 October 2012. Retrieved 24 June 2015.
- Vibhakar, Devang (14 February 2009). "Interview of Jay Vasavada – a vibrant and eminent writer". SpeakBindas. Retrieved 24 June 2015.
- Shah, Kinjal (4 January 2014). "Writing More Important: Ahmedabad's First Gujarati Literature Festival Opened on Friday with a Fiery and Interesting Discussion between Four Renowned Authors and the Audience Gujarati Literature Festival". DNA – via HighBeam (subscription required). Archived from the original on 1 March 2016. Retrieved 2 October 2015.
- DeshGujarat (29 August 2014). "First day first show of Bey Yaar, and maker's brief talk to audience(Video)". DeshGujarat. Retrieved 24 June 2015.
- "જય વસાવડાના પુસ્તક ઉપર વાર્તાલાપ". www.divyabhaskar.co.in (in Gujarati). 20 September 2012. Retrieved 24 June 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jay Vasavada.|