This biographical article is written like a résumé. (August 2021)
|Other names||Jayaprakash Vijayan|
|Education||University of Madras (B.Sc., M.Sc.)|
Jay Vijayan (born, Jayaprakash Vijayan) is an Indian-American business executive. From 2012 to 2016, he worked at Tesla Motors as Chief Information Officer. In 2016, he founded Tekion Corp, an American company selling software to the automotive retail industry.
Early life and education
From 2007 to 2012, Vijayan worked at VMware, an American software company, as the director of Applications Development and later senior director of Business Applications, Information Technology. During his time at VMware, Vijayan led the technical implementation of VMware's ERP and CRM systems among others.
In early 2016, Vijayan left Tesla to found Tekion Corp, a SaaS company that operated in stealth mode up until late 2019. Tekion is a cloud technology company focusing on business applications currently aimed at automobile retail industry. In 2020, Tekion Corp raised $150 million as part of its series C funding round led by private equity firm Advent International.
Vijayan lives in San Francisco with his wife and two children.
- "Tesla Motors CIO Leaves to Launch Stealth Startup".
- Mathur, Nandita (21 October 2020). "Tekion joins the unicorn club". mint. Retrieved 22 October 2020.
- "Meet Jayaprakash Vijayan - The man who keeps Tesla charged up".
- Ahmad, Samreen (21 October 2020). "Former Tesla CIO Jay Vijayan's start-up Tekion joins unicorn club". Business Standard India. Retrieved 23 January 2021.
- "How Jay Vijayan—a Politician's Son, Geology Grad And Former Tesla Techie—built The World's Newest Unicorn". Forbes India. Retrieved 21 January 2021.
- "Tech Guru Jay Vijayan". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 21 January 2021.
- "Executive Speaker Series with CIO of Tesla Motors". Saint Mary's College. Retrieved 21 January 2021.
- "Jay Vijayan : TiECon Midwest 2016". archive.tiecondetroit.org. Retrieved 21 January 2021.
- "Longtime Tesla Motors CIO Jay Vijayan has formed a stealth startup".
- Mathur, Nandita (21 October 2020). "Tekion joins the unicorn club". mint. Retrieved 21 January 2021.
- "Tekion turns unicorn with $150 million funding led by Advent International". The Economic Times. Retrieved 21 January 2021.
- "Jay Vijayan | Board Member | HyreCar". ir.hyrecar.com. Retrieved 21 January 2021.
- "About NIC (EGOV) and eGovernment Solutions | NIC". www.egov.com. Retrieved 5 February 2021.
- PK, Jayadevan. "Meet Jayaprakash Vijayan - The man who keeps Tesla charged up". The Economic Times. Retrieved 27 June 2021.