Jay Wiseman, J.D.
Jay Wiseman, 2007
|Born||June 16, 1949|
New Albany, Indiana
|Occupation||Author, Expert Witness|
|Subject||BDSM and related safety issues|
|Notable awards||Society of Janus' Hall of Fame Inductee|
Jay Joseph Wiseman (born 1949) is an American BDSM author, educator, and expert legal witness. His most famous work is the book SM 101: A Realistic Introduction, which has somewhere in the area of 100,000 copies in print. It is also one of the Society of Janus' "Suggested Readings" regarding BDSM.
Greenery Press was founded in 1991 by author Janet Hardy, and in 1995 it merged with Jay Wiseman Books under the Greenery name. Hardy continues to run the company, while Wiseman continues to serve on the Press's board of directors.
After receiving royalties from the distribution of SM 101: A Realistic Introduction, he took the resultant funds and put himself through a law degree at the New College of California School of Law. Later on, he became an adjunct professor at the same college. Although the college is now defunct, he is still listed through documentation as having taught "Advanced Legal Concepts" and "Legal Analysis".
- "An Essay about 'The Old Days'"
- "Emergency Training For SM Practitioners"
- Personal AD-ventures: How to Meet People Through Personal Ads
- Bay Area Sexuality Resources Guidebook
- SM 101: A Realistic Introduction, (1st ed, 1992), 2nd ed - Greenery Press, 2000. ISBN 0-9639763-8-9
- Tricks—More than 125 Ways to Make Good Sex Better, 1992
- Tricks 2 -- Another 125 Ways to Make Good Sex Better, 1993
- Sex Toy Tricks: 125 Ways to Accessorize, 1995
- Supermarket Tricks—More than 125 Ways to Improvise Good Sex, 1996
- Jay Wiseman's Erotic Bondage Handbook, Greenery Press, 2000. ISBN 1-890159-13-1.
- Dungeon Emergencies and Supplies
- Tricks to Please a Man
- Mark Morris "Missouri sex slave case may hinge on expert view of subculture" Archived 2018-10-30 at the Wayback Machine, Kansas City Star, November 25, 2012
- Amazon.com Kindle listing of SM 101, with excerpt from Midwest Book Review 
- Society of Janus' Suggested Readings List
- New College of California Law School Catalog, p. 20
- Web Archive copy of listing of Adjunct Faculty, New College of California School of Law 
- "Society of Janus". Erobay. 2019-07-20. Retrieved 2020-04-21.
- WorldCat's Listing for Jay Wiseman 
- Rona Marech, "Greenery Press specializes in off-color topics", San Francisco Chronicle, October 19, 2001
- Downs, Stacy; Borman, Dawn (June 16, 2000). "'Safe, sane and consensual' is rule for sadomasochists". Kansas City Star.
- Egan, Nicole Weisensee (July 10, 2001). "Tough Love". Philadelphia Daily News.
- Garchik, Leah (March 15, 1990). "Personals". San Francisco Chronicle.
- Taylor, Chris (November 24, 2002). "Love in the aisles". The Sunday Mail (Australia).
- "Rites of Spring". Miami Herald. March 15, 1990.
- Henkin, Bill; Holiday, Sybil (1996). Consensual sadomasochism (2003 2nd ed.). Los Angeles: Daedalus Publishing. ISBN 1-881943-12-7.
- Mark Morris, "Missouri sex slave case may hinge on expert view of subculture", Kansas City Star, November 25, 2012