|Member of the Sri Lankan Parliament|
for National List
|Assumed office |
|Political party||United National Party|
Jayampathy Wickramaratne, PC is a Sri Lankan lawyer and politician. He is a national list member of the Sri Lankan Parliament. A former Director of Programs of the Institute of Constitutional Studies in Colombo, he has served as a Senior Adviser to the Ministry of Constitutional Affairs and was a member of the Sri Lankan Law Commission. He entered parliament in 2015 General Election from the National List of the United National Party. He was also appointed as the Parliamentary Secretary to the Prime Minister Ranil Wickramasinghe. Wickramaratne the key person behind the proposed 2018 constitution of Sri Lanka.
Wickramaratne was educated at St. Sylvester's College and St. Anthony's College, Kandy. After successfully completed his GCE Advance Level examination he entered the Science Faculty of University of Peradeniya, studying Chemistry. On 5 December 1972, in his final year he was caught cheating on his exams. He was subsequently expelled from the University and later studied at the Law College, where he qualified as a lawyer.  He holds a PhD in Human rights and a Master of Public Administration from University of Peradeniya. Wickramaratne was appointed a President's Counsel in 2001.
- "UNP National List MPs Named". Asianmirror.lk.
- "Prospects of a constitutional settlement of ethnic conflict in post-war Sri Lanka" (PDF). Law.anu.edu.au. Retrieved 26 December 2018.
- "News - The University of Sydney". Sydney.edu.au.
- "Prime Minister's Office". Pmoffice.gov.lk.
- "CBK Forces Ranil To Appoint Exam Cheat To Cabinet". Colombotelegraph.com. 26 August 2015.
- "LankaWeb – Suspended Exam Cheat is on Sirisena's Special Commission to Probe Corruption!". Lankaweb.com.
- "In conversation with Dr. Jayampathy Wickramaratne". Groundviews.org.