|Occupation||faculty of Supercomputer Education and Research Centre and CSA departments at Indian Institute of Science|
Jayant R. Haritsa is a faculty of SERC and CSA departments at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India. He works on Database Systems (Query Optimization, Data Mining, XML Databases, Biological Databases, Multi-lingual Databases). He has won in 2009, prestigious Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize sponsored by CSIR, India and also the Infosys Prize for Engineering in 2014.
He did his SSLC from Vijaya High School, Jayanagar, Bangalore and Pre-University in Science, from National College (Basavanagudi), Bangalore. He did his B.Tech (Electronics) from Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras and MS and PhD (Computer Science), Computer Sciences Department, University of Wisconsin, Madison. Later he became a Research Fellow in Institute for Systems Research, University of Maryland (College Park). Currently he is the chairman of CSA department at Indian Institute of Science.
- Program Co-Chair, 26th Intl. Conf. on Data Engineering, ICDE 2010, Los Angeles, USA
- Tutorial Co-Chair, 19th Intl. World Wide Web Conference, WWW 2010, Raleigh, USA
- Editorial Board, IEEE Trans. on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE), IEEE
- Editorial Board, Intl. Journal on Very Large Data Bases (VLDBJ), Springer
- Editorial Board, Intl. Journal of Distributed and Parallel Databases(JDPD), Springer
- Editorial Board, Intl. Journal of Real-Time Systems (JRTS), Springer
- Board of Studies, Intl. School of Information Management (ISiM), University of Mysore
- Scientific Advisory Board, 3i Infotech, Mumbai
- Distinguished Scientist, ACM; Fellow, IEEE; Life Member, CSI
- Fellow of the Association for Computing Machinery, 2015
- Fellow, IEEE, 2013 
- Distinguished Alumnus, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, India, 2012
- Fellow, Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE), India, 2010
- Fellow, The National Academy of Sciences (NASI), India, 2006
- Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize, CSIR, 2009
- ACM Fellows Named for Computing Innovations that Are Advancing Technology in the Digital Age, Association for Computing Machinery, 2015, retrieved 2015-12-09.
- "Introducing the 2013 Fellows".
- "Engineering Section - II (Computer and Information Technology)". Indian National Academy of Engineering. Retrieved 21 June 2016.
- Fellows, National Academy of Sciences, India. Accessed 2011-05-02.
- Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Awards, 2009, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research. Accessed 2011-05-02.