Jayashankar Bhupalpally district
Jayashankar Bhupalapally district
Location of Jayashankar Bhupalapally district in Telangana
|• District collector||Dr.Vasam Venkateshwarlu|
|• Assembly seats||Bhupalapalli,Manthani,Mulugu|
|• Total||6,175 km2 (2,384 sq mi)|
|• Density||120/km2 (310/sq mi)|
Jayashankar Bhupalapally district is a district in the Indian state of Telangana. The district headquarters are located at Bhupalpally. It was a part of the Warangal district prior to the re-organisation of districts in the state.
The district is spread over an area of 6,175 square kilometres (2,384 sq mi). Jayashankar district is bounded on north and north east by Gadchiroli district and Bijapur district of Maharashtra and Chhattisgarh respectively, on east by Bhadradri district, on south by Mahabubabad district and Warangal district, on west by Hanamkonda and Peddapalli district.
The following lists the mandals of the district.
The below table categorizes mandals into their respective revenue divisions in the district:
|Sl. No||Name of the District||Name of the Revenue Division including New Revenue Division||Mandals in the District including New Mandals||Name of the Erstwhile District||Name of the Erstwhile Revenue Division|
|1||Jayashankar District HQ at Bhupalpalli) *||Bhupalpally||Bhupalpally||Warangal||Mulug|
- "Telangana New Districts Names 2016 Pdf TS 31 Districts List". Timesalert.com. 11 October 2016. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- "Names of 6 new districts changed". The Hindu. 22 October 2016. Retrieved 4 November 2016.
- "Komaram Bheem Asifabad district" (PDF). New Districts Formation Portal. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- Rao, Gollapudi Srinivasa (1 November 2016). "Rs.90 crore for new tourism circuit". The Hindu. Retrieved 4 November 2016.
- "K Chandrasekhar Rao appoints collectors for new districts". Deccan Chronicle. 11 October 2016. Retrieved 13 October 2016.
- "Jayashankar Bhupalpalli District revenue divisions and mandals". www.districtsinfo.com. Retrieved 11 March 2017.
- "Jayashankar district map". newdistrictsformation.telangana.gov.in. Retrieved 22 August 2016.