Jayde Nicole attending the "Night of 100 Stars" for the 82nd Academy Awards viewing party at the Beverly Hills Hotel, Beverly Hills, CA on March 7, 2010
|Playboy centerfold appearance|
|Preceded by||Kia Drayton|
|Succeeded by||Heather Rene Smith|
|Playboy Playmate of the Year|
|Preceded by||Sara Jean Underwood|
|Succeeded by||Ida Ljungqvist|
February 19, 1986 |
Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Weight||117 lb (53 kg; 8.4 st)|
Jayde Nicole (born February 19, 1986) is a Canadian model. She was Playboy′s Playmate of the Month for January 2007 and was named the 2008 Playmate of the Year in the June issue of the men's magazine. She is the first Canadian Playmate of the Year in 26 years, and the third overall, the previous two being Dorothy Stratten and Shannon Tweed.
Nicole began modeling for catalogs and fashion shows at the age of six. The following year, Nicole's family moved from Scarborough to Port Perry. When she turned 11, she stopped modeling for a time, as she was finding herself becoming "too mature to be doing kid's jobs."
When she was 15, a scout from a Toronto modeling agency spotted her outside the Air Canada Centre as she was leaving a concert and offered her an opportunity to return to modeling. Since then, Nicole has appeared in numerous publications and fashion shows. She created and owns her own agency, "A Touch of Class", based in Port Perry.
Nicole graduated from Port Perry High School and then studied hotel management at George Brown College in Toronto, but dropped out to pursue a modeling career. Her mother handed Nicole her first issue of Playboy and suggested she pose for the magazine.
In October 2008, Nicole appeared in a presidential election spoof video for Funny or Die.com. The video, "Playmates Heat Up the Presidential Debate", also features fellow Playboy models Jo García, Grace Kim, and Christine Smith. Footage was taken from the Presidential town hall debate which took place October 7, 2008, and digitally altered to show the women asking Senators Obama and McCain a series of questions.
In the September 2010 edition of Guitar World magazine Nicole appeared as one of "The Girls of the 2011 Guitar World Buyer's Guide".
Nicole filmed a pilot for E!, The Girls Next Door: The Bunny House, with several other Playboy centerfolds. She appeared for several episodes during the second season in fellow Playboy alum Holly Madison's reality show, Holly's World.
Nicole started a charity called Lengths for Love, similar to Locks of Love, which encourages people to donate their hair to be fashioned into wigs for pediatric patients in need. She has posed in a lettuce bikini on behalf of PETA, encouraging people to become vegetarian.
- "Playboy magazine: Girl from the North Country". Playboy. January 2007.
- "Playmate listing". Retrieved December 6, 2009.
- "Playboy magazine". Playboy. June 2008.
- The Canadian Press (2008-05-09). "Port Perry woman Playmate of Year". Thestar.com. Retrieved 2011-02-12.
- "From Port Perry to Playboy". METROLAND NEWS. 12 December 2006. Retrieved 17 December 2015.
- "Playmate News". Playboy. Playboy Inc. 56: 122–123. November 2009.
- "Funnyordie.com". Retrieved October 13, 2008.
- "PokerStars Launching Million Dollar Challenge This Weekend". Retrieved October 18, 2009.
- "Daniel Negreanu Discusses Poker Stars Million Dollar Challenge". Retrieved October 18, 2009.
- "Holly Madison Not Fond of New Vegas Neighbor Jayde Nciole". Retrieved January 22, 2011.
- McKay, Hollie (March 10, 2009). "Pop Tarts: Hef's Twins' Hair 'Too Over-Processed' for Charitable Donations". FOX News. Retrieved May 7, 2009.
- "Playmate News". Playboy. Playboy. 55: 123–124. October 2008.
- Daniel Dale, "Lettuce-Clad Vegan PETA Temptresses Coming to Rob Ford Weigh-In," The Toronto Star, April 11, 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jayde Nicole.|