Howard with the Kansas City Chiefs in 2014
December 20, 1988 |
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||301 lb (137 kg)|
|High school:||Orlando (FL) Jones|
|NFL Draft:||2012 / Round: 4 / Pick: 114|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2016|
Jaye Howard Jr. (born December 20, 1988) is an American football defensive end who is currently a free agent. He played college football for the University of Florida, where he was a member of a BCS National Championship team. He was drafted by the Seattle Seahawks in the fourth round of the 2012 NFL Draft.
While attending the University of Florida on an athletic scholarship, Howard played for coach Urban Meyer and coach Will Muschamp's Florida Gators football teams from 2008 to 2011. The coaching staff red-shirted him as true freshman in 2007, and played in nine games in 2008. As a redshirt sophomore in 2009, Howard played in twelve games during the Gators' undefeated regular season. During his 2010 junior year, he appeared in eleven games, starting eight of them, but missing the rest with an ankle injury. As a senior in 2011, Howard started all thirteen games and memorably scored a touchdown on a fumble recovery against the Kentucky Wildcats. He finished his four-year Gators career with 131 tackles and 25.5 for a loss.
Kansas City Chiefs
Howard was claimed off waivers by the Chiefs on September 1, 2013.
On April 22, 2017, Howard was released by the Chiefs.
- Jaye Howard Drafted by Seattle Seahawks in the Fourth Round
- GatorZone.com, Football History, 2011 Roster, Jaye Howard. Retrieved July 17, 2014.
- Farnsworth, Clare (August 31, 2013). "A closer look at the Seahawks' 53-man roster". Seahawks.com. Retrieved December 1, 2016.
- Thorman, Joel (September 1, 2013). "KC Chiefs with 7 waiver wire claims; 6 more roster cuts made". ArrowheadPride.com. Retrieved December 1, 2016.
- Patra, Kevin (March 9, 2016). "Derrick Johnson, Jaye Howard staying with Chiefs". NFL.com. Retrieved December 1, 2016.
- "Chiefs Sign DL Jaye Howard". Chiefs.com. March 10, 2016. Retrieved December 1, 2016.
- McMullen, Matt (December 1, 2016). "DL Jaye Howard Placed on Injured Reserve". Chiefs.com.
- Bergman, Jeremy (April 22, 2017). "Kansas City Chiefs release Jaye Howard". NFL.com.
- Bergman, Jeremy (May 4, 2017). "Chicago Bears sign Jaye Howard to one-year deal". NFL.com.
- Mayer, Larry (September 2, 2017). "Bears reach NFL's 53-man roster limit". ChicagoBears.com.
- "Jaye Howard Stats". ESPN Internet Ventures. Retrieved 13 April 2016.