||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2013)|
Jaymay in 2015
|Birth name||Jamie Kristine Seerman|
January 3, 1981 |
New York, USA
|Instruments||Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Violin, Typewriter|
Jamie Seerman is an American folk singer-songwriter from New York. She performs under the name Jaymay.
Jaymay was born on January 3, 1981, and was raised on Long Island. After graduating from New College of Florida in 2003, she was unable to find a job in book publishing and moved back to New York to play professionally.
She has collaborated with Kevin Devine on the songs "Brother's Blood", "Time to Burn" and "Murphy's Song", with Cheyenne on "Write It Down in Red", and with Dirty on Purpose on "Light Pollution, Like Bees". In 2010, it was announced she would provide guest vocals on art-metal band Goes Cube's second full-length studio album, In Tides And Drifts. She is also featured on the My Cousin, The Emperor's songs "Burly, Old Couch" and "Somedays" from "The Subway EPs, Vol. I: Prospect Park West" released March 29, 2011.
In August 2014, a musical based on the album Autumn Fallin' was produced at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival by Anton Benson Productions.
- 2005: Lvng Rm EP
- 2006: Sea Green, See Blue
- 2007: Autumn Fallin'
- 2010: 1 & !
- 2010: Long Walk to Never
- 2012: 10under2
- 2014: Jaymay In Norway
- 2015: Enlighten Me (Announced)
- "Young singer builds big following with Web exposure - Entertainment". RedOrbit. 2006-08-07. Retrieved 2014-05-10.
- BBC - Folk and Country Review - Jaymay, Autumn Fallin'[dead link]
- Cheap Seats - Music Clubs - Music - New York Times
- "The Subway EPs, Vol. I: Prospect Park West". My Cousin, the Emperor. Retrieved 10 October 2012.
- TV.com. "How I Met Your Mother". TV.com. Retrieved 2014-05-10.