Jayme Luiz Szwarcfiter
|Jayme Luiz Szwarcfiter|
5 July 1942|
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
|Residence||Rio de Janeiro, Brazil|
|Institutions||Federal University of Rio de Janeiro|
|Alma mater||Federal University of Rio de Janeiro|
|Doctoral advisor||Leslie Blackett Wilson|
|Notable awards||Ordem Nacional do Mérito Científico|
Szwarcfiter graduated in 1967 in electronic engineering from the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ). He received his MA in 1971 from COPPE. In 1975 he obtained his PhD in computer science from the University of Newcastle Upon Tyne, England, under supervision of Leslie Blackett Wilson. He is currently a professor emeritus at UFRJ. The Journal of the Brazilian Computer Society dedicated a special edition in 2001 to Szwarcfiter's major publications. Among others, he has written joint articles with Donald E. Knuth and Christos Papadimitriou.
He received the Award of Scientific Merit from the Brazilian Computer Society in 2005. In April 2006 he won the Almirante Álvaro Alberto prize in computer science, one of the most important academic recognitions in Brazil. Szwarcfiter is also one of the recipients of the Ordem Nacional do Mérito Científico (National Order of Scientific Merit). In 2011, Prof. Szwarcfiter was elected a Member of the Brazilian Academy of Sciences.
- Markenzon, Lilian; Szwarcfiter, Jayme Luiz (1997). Estruturas de Dados e seus Algoritmos [Data Structures and their Algorithms] (in Portuguese). Rio de Janeiro: LTC. ISBN 85-2161-014-9.
- Szwarcfiter, Jayme Luiz (1988). Grafos e algoritmos computacionais [Graphs and computational algorithms] (in Portuguese). Rio de Janeiro: Campus. ISBN 85-7001-341-8.
- "Jayme Luiz Szwarcfiter". Currículo do Sistema de Currículos Lattes. Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico. Retrieved 11 February 2012.
- "scielo". Retrieved 2010-05-27.
- "List of publications from the DBLP Bibliography Server". Retrieved 2010-05-27.
- "Gallery of winners". Retrieved 2010-05-27.
- "General List of the National Order of Scientific Merit". Ministry of Science and Technology. Retrieved 2010-05-27.