2012 Australian Paralympic Team portrait of Jayme Richardson
|Full name||Jayme Richardson|
27 April 1989 |
Blacktown, New South Wales
Jayme Richardson (née Paris), born 27 April 1989, is an Australian Paralympic cyclist. She was born in the Sydney suburb of Blacktown with cerebellar ataxia due to asphyxiation at birth. She began cycling in October 2004 after seeing a post Athens Paralympic interview with Silver Medalist Claire McLean where Claire said Australia needed more female Para-cyclists. At the time Jayme was a swimmer and was doing very well, having competed both through school to CHS Level and out of school to National Level, however she felt that there was something greater out there for her and decided that a change was needed.
She won a bronze medal at the 2008 Beijing Games in the Women's 500 m Time Trial LC3-4/CP3 event. At the 2012 London Paralympics, she won a bronze medal in the 500 m Time Trial C1–3, and also participated in the Women's Road Race C1–3, Women's Time Trial C1–3, Women's Individual Pursuit C1–3 and Women's 500 m Time Trial C1–3 .
At the 2014 UCI Para-cycling Track World Championships in Aguascalientes, Mexico, she won gold medals in the Women's 3 km Individual Pursuit C1 and Women's 500 m Time Trial C1.  Competing at the 2014 UCI Para-cycling Road World Championships in Greenville, South Carolina, Richardson won the Women’s Time Trial C1.
- "Jayme Richardson". Cycling Australia. Retrieved 14 June 2012.
- "Jayme Paris". Australian Paralympic Committee. Retrieved 14 June 2012.
- Results for Jayme Paris from the International Paralympic Committee. Retrieved 6 October 2012.
- "Australia finishes Para Track Worlds as top nation". Cycling Australia News. 14 April 2014. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- "Eight medals for Australia at Para-cycling Road World Championships". Cycling Australia News. 2 September 2014. Retrieved 2 September 2014.
- "Gerro Oppy Glory - Simon Gerrans awarded Sir Hupert Opperman Medal". Cycling Australia News. 21 November 2014. Retrieved 22 November 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jayme Richardson.|