|Education||University of South Wales, Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design|
|Awards||London Graduate Fashion Week Ecological Design Award|
|Labels||Jayne Pierson Ltd.|
Jayne Pierson is a Welsh fashion designer. She launched her début collection with On|Off at London Fashion Week in September 2009. She has interned and worked at Alexander McQueen and Vivienne Westwood. Her speciality is designing fashions for artists and actors.
Pierson was born in Carmarthenshire, and raised in Dallas, Texas. She graduated from the University of Glamorgan (now the University of South Wales) with a first class BA Honours degree in Fashion Design. She also combined additional units of study from Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design, London. She won the London Graduate Fashion Week Ecological Design Award.
Pierson studied at Coleg Sir Gar. While an undergraduate, Pierson did a work placement with Alexander McQueen. She then did another work placement with Vivienne Westwood, who then offered her a position as a Design Assistant. Pierson stated that she greatly admires Vivienne Westwood, Yves Saint Laurent and Mugler.
Pierson showcased her debut collection at On|Off, London Fashion Week in September 2009. When she showed her 2012 collection in 2011, she used ballerinas instead of models for her "directional, luxury" line of womenswear. In 2012, she created a line of bespoke womenswear for Welsh fashion brand Melin Tregwynt. Pierson's 2013 London Fashion Week presentation was accompanied by a short film she created. She was listed as one of the Vogue Italia talents in 2010, 2011 and 2012.
Pierson has twin daughters.
- Moore, Gwyneth (2012). "Interview: Jayne Pierson". Basics Fashion Management 02: Fashion Promotion: Building a Brand Through Marketing and Communication. AVA Publishing. p. 116. ISBN 9782940411870.
- Rees, Claire (28 September 2010). "When Jayne Met Anna ... and Jimmy". The Western Mail (Cardiff, Wales). Retrieved 21 March 2016 – via HighBeam Research. (Subscription required (. ))
- "Jayne Pierson". London Fashion Week. Retrieved 2009-10-25.
- Simpson, Rin (10 October 2008). "Jayne Pierson: a cut above the rest". Wales Online. Media Wales Ltd. Retrieved 2009-10-25.
- Turner, Helen (19 February 2011). "Trio of Welsh Talent Prepare to Shake the London Fashion Week Catwalk; Elliott Frieze and Jayne Pierson Take the Spotlight". Western Mail (Cardiff, Wales). Archived from the original on 2016-05-04. Retrieved 21 March 2016 – via HighBeam Research. (Subscription required (. ))
- "Fashion Student Jayne Pierson Returns to Coleg Sir Gar". www.fforwm.ac.uk. Retrieved 2009-10-25.[dead link]
- "Fashion Week". BBC - South north Wales. BBC. 18 June 2007. Retrieved 2009-10-25.
- "Fashion Student lands dream job with Vivienne Westwood". BBC - South West Wales. BBC. 25 November 2008. Retrieved 2009-10-25.
- "Exhibition 2009". On Off. Retrieved 2009-10-25.
- Rees, Claire (20 September 2011). "Amazing Grace; Welsh Designer Jayne Pierson Doesn't like to Follow the Rest of the Fashion Pack. So She Sent Prima Ballerinas Down the Runway Instead of Models for Her Biggest Show at London Fashion Week Yet. WM Editor Claire Rees Was There to Take in Her New Collection, and Secure an Exclusive Chat with the Woman Herself". Western Mail (Cardiff, Wales). Retrieved 21 March 2016 – via HighBeam Research. (Subscription required (. ))
- Rees, Claire (21 February 2012). "WM Wool Is Back; Designer Jayne Pierson, Pictured, Has Collaborated with Iconic Welsh Woollen Mill Melin Tregwynt and the Results Are a Fusion of Heritage, Nature and Cutting-Edge Fashion. WM Editor Claire Rees Was at London Fashion Week to See for Herself". Western Mail (Cardiff, Wales). Retrieved 21 March 2016 – via HighBeam Research. (Subscription required (. ))
- "Jayne Pierson's Film Brave Helps Close London Fashion Week". Wales Online. 27 March 2013. Retrieved 21 March 2016.
- "Jayne Pierson – British shape-shifting - Vogue.it". Vogue Italia. Condé Nast Publications. Retrieved 2010-05-28.