Wisener in 2008
19 May 1987 |
Ballymoney, Northern Ireland
Jayne Wisener (born 19 May 1987) is an actress and singer from Northern Ireland. She is best known for her role as Johanna in the American film Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. She also guest starred in the role of Lauren Harris on The Inbetweeners.
On 6 July 2012, Jayne married Wayne Austin in her hometown of Coleraine, Northern Ireland.
While performing in a youth production of West Side Story at the Millennium Forum in Derry, Wisener was spotted by a talent scout, who asked her to audition for a role in Sweeney Todd. Wisener was, at age 19, deemed too old to play the 15-year-old Johanna Barker. When told this, Wisener "e-mailed them some pictures [of herself] without make-up. Usually looking young does [an actress] no favours at all but [she was] quite pleased this time".
She appeared in Boogeyman 3 playing the role of Amy and in November 2008 created the role of Sophie in a West End showcase of the new musical The Lost Christmas by Laurence Mark Wythe at the Trafalgar Studios, London.
In 2009 she appeared in one episode of The Inbetweeners - "The Field Trip" Season 2 Episode 1.
In late 2009, until early 2010 she appeared on stage playing the role of Mary Lennox in The Secret Garden at the West Yorkshire Playhouse.
In March 2011 she played Sally, a young woman in a centre for female juvenile delinquents, in The Runaway, based on Martina Cole's novel.
In March 2012 she played the role of a student named Sandie, in the BBC Northern Ireland drama "6Degrees" 
From December 2012 to January 2013, Jayne starred as Cinderella at The Grand Opera House, in Belfast in the pantomime, Cinderella.
|2007||Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street||Johanna Barker||Film debut|
|2009||Minder||Maria Grant||Episode: A Matter of Life and Debt|
|The Inbetweeners||Lauren Harris||Episode: The Field Trip|
|2010||Casualty||Simone Lewis||7 episodes|
|Vexed||Lucy B||Episode Three|
|2011||Jane Eyre||Bessie Lee|
|Injustice||Lucy Wilson||4 episodes|
|A Kiss for Jed||Orla|
|The Runaway||Sally||1 episode|
|2012||Life Just Is||Jay|
|Nick Nickleby||Kat Nickleby||Main role (5 episodes)|
|2012-2015||6Degrees||Sandie Morrow||Main role (12 episodes)|
|2016||Doctors||Michelle Jardine||Episode: I Know She Lies|
|2017||Son of Perdition||The Woman||Short; post-production|
- "Jayne Wisener". IMDb. Retrieved 23 March 2013.
-  Archived 2 October 2011 at the Wayback Machine.
- Henry, Lesley-Anne. "Ulster girl lands role of a lifetime" Belfast Telegraph. 23 December 2006.
- Hetherington, Mhari. "Impassioned, experiential theatre." Scottish Theatre. March, 2006. Archived 27 September 2007 at the Wayback Machine.
- McDaid, Brendan. "Black Pearl." Black Pearl. 15 September 2006.
- "How the crisis in TV drama here is easing by degrees - News Analysis, Opinion". Belfasttelegraph.co.uk. 21 February 2012. Archived from the original on 29 July 2012. Retrieved 27 August 2012.
- "Life Just Is - Cast". Lifejustisfilm.com. Retrieved 27 August 2012.